Data and AI Program Internship
Home Based - May require travel
The (CRAF’d) is the first and only multi-partner instrument to finance, connect, and reimagine the data that saves lives. The CRAF’d mission is driven by the conviction that data, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) can help global partners better anticipate, prevent, and respond to the complex risks facing people and the planet in moments of crisis.
Inspired by the , CRAF’d is the result of a collaborative design process championed by , the , the , the , and the Family, as well as other partners across the globe. CRAF’d is a trailblazer for the more inclusive, networked, and effective multilateralism envisioned in Our Common Agenda. With sustainable and scalable financing, CRAF’d will foster an open ecosystem to expand shared capabilities for unlocking more power from data for insight, impact, and integrity in crisis action.
Following a holistic ecosystem approach, CRAF’d is targeting $15 to $25 million in annual investments to foster more action-focused data collaboration – anchored in shared principles. By pooling some of their resources in CRAF’d, contributors share financial burdens, minimize risks, and cut transaction costs for critical data and analytics outputs that all stakeholders depend on.
The internship offers a rare and exciting opportunity for dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to be part of a multi-disciplinary team. The intern will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge initiatives to support CRAF’d efforts in building a sustainable data ecosystem, while gaining valuable insights into data-driven crisis response and innovation in the peace and security, humanitarian and development sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Data and AI Program Intern will be a key player in a dynamic team focused on data and analytics investments in crisis-affected settings. The intern will engage in various aspects of strategy, policy program management, and data-driven innovation in peace, security, humanitarian, and development fields.
- Assist with the development and implementation of data analysis methodologies.
- Contribute to the innovation of data processing and AI-driven solutions.
- Engage in research and application of cutting-edge AI technologies.
- Support the application process for CRAF’d open calls for proposals, focusing on projects that utilize data analysis and AI solutions.
- Analyze critical datasets to enhance understanding of crisis-affected and fragile settings, contributing to more real-time, high-resolution data on complex risks.
- Assist in the development and refinement of crisis analytics, including predictive models and methods for analyzing social media data to gauge public sentiment, identify emerging crisis trends, and understand the impact of crises on different communities.
- Support the management of the open call for proposals process, including overseeing application appraisal and offering guidance to prospective applicants.
- Participate in the comprehensive evaluation of project proposals, ensuring alignment with CRAF’d strategic objectives and criteria.
- Engage in the oversight and progress tracking of approved projects, contributing to their successful implementation and impact assessment.
The intern(s) will be expected to participate as an active member of the team and openly contribute his/her perspectives throughout the internship.
- Commitment to UNDP’s and CRAF’d mission, vision and values
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter and the UNDP Statement of Purpose
- Demonstrated interest and motivation in the field of data-driven crisis action
- A desire to work with people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- The intern will be part of the CRAF’d Secretariat.
- In the current context, they are expected to work from home, and/or a hybrid mode of home and office if based in New York.
- The intern will be required to work full-time (five days a week).
- They will also be required to use their own electronic equipment.
- The intern will be under the direct supervision of the .
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: