Greenhouse Construction Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Mongolia works with the vision "to be a leading, credible and responsive partner in ensuring food and nutrition security of the population". The office has been coordinating projects and programmes in research, capacity building, natural resources management, technology transfer, food and agriculture policy, livestock production systems management, emergency and post-crisis management, forestry information, statistics, food security and nutrition, emergency response operations, crop production system management, and food quality and safety.
The project “Enhancing production and market access of vegetables to support economic diversification in Mongolia” ” is designed to enhance food security and dietary diversity through increasing greenhouse-based vegetable production and market access. The project aims to (i) boost the supply of local fresh vegetables and vegetable products through promoting greenhouse-based vegetable production, (ii) expand market access for vegetable growers by involving private investors and improving value chain management, and (ii) share/disseminate experiences and lessons that improve commercial viability and profitability of vegetable production in Mongolia; The project will also build a mid-sized, energy efficient, long duration greenhouse in partnership with an interested private investor in selected Aimag in order to showcase sustainable greenhouse technology and range of cultivation methods.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Mongolia and the direct supervision of the FAOR, National Project Manager and in close cooperation with the National Vegetable/Agronomy expert, communication, operational, and admin staff of the FAO Mongolia.
The Greenhouse Construction Specialist plays a pivotal role in overseeing and managing the construction of greenhouse structures and related technologies. This position involves ensuring strict compliance with federal, state, and local regulations while orchestrating the entsire construction process. They are responsible for creating efficient workflows, documenting project details, and coordinating closely with the Greenhouse Construction company team to ensure successful project execution. From conceptualization through commissioning and completion, the Greenhouse Construction Specialist manages every aspect of the construction projects. This role requires able to read and analyze of conceptual and detailed engineering design and read the cost estimation, a keen understanding of regulatory requirements, and a commitment to maintaining safety standards on project sites. The Greenhouse Construction Specialist is a key figure in driving the successful and compliant construction of greenhouse structures and technologies.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Based on the results of the baseline study, in consideration of soil quality, water supply, electricity, wind velocity and direction, government policy and regulations, and local climate conditions, plan greenhouse designs for suggested locations,
• In consultation with National and International Agronomy Experts, define suitable sizes of greenhouses, design a layout of the greenhouses, the heating & cooling, automation and irrigation systems,
• Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to greenhouse structures and related technologies.
• Prepare a Terms of Reference/Work Statement for Greenhouse Construction company,
• Liaise with preparation of tender documents for construction company,
• Create an organized workflow process and maintain all documents related to the greenhouse construction project.
• Read and analyze cost estimation of greenhouse construction,
• Manage and oversee the execution of greenhouse construction projects from initiation to close by interfacing with the Greenhouse Construction company team during the conceptual stage, then taking full responsibility for all execution activities through commissioning and completion. Monitor greenhouse construction process.
• Define and communicate all necessary project management plans, including scope, activity plans and sequence; then report regularly on progress, conformance with the original timeline and budget, and report any deviations from the original greenhouse construction project plan.
• Any other actions as required and appropriate to ensure the success of the activity in consultation with the supervisor.
• Prepare technical specifications for tools/materials.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant field of construction engineering,
• At least 5 years of experience in design and construction supervision of civil infrastructures, experience with greenhouse construction will be advantage
• Working knowledge of English
• National of Mongolia.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge and experience in the estimation of quantities and costs as per Mongolia’s construction standard norms,
• Working English language skills are an advantage,
• Experience with greenhouse construction will be an advantage,
• Readiness for intensive fieldwork.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http\://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance\: https\://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT