The main responsibility of the Accountability Officer will be to ensure that the complaints and feedback mechanism is in place and effectively implemented. The Accountability Officer will be responsible for meeting the requirements under the SRD Operational Framework for Accountability to Affected Populations, particularly regarding information sharing, beneficiary participation, complaints and response mechanisms, and accountability in design, monitoring, and evaluation. The Accountability Officer will facilitate the implementation of the complaints and feedback mechanism activities in line with the SRD Accountability Policy and will include a range of tasks, including:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage SRD complaints and response mechanism system (CRM) and ensure the effectiveness of the CRM system for SRD activities in Syria and Turkey.
- Follow up on outstanding beneficiary feedback with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Ensure data collection, reporting, and follow-up on each complaint/feedback received.
- Monitor complaints, feedback received, and response/follow-up by developing and maintaining a systematic tracking mechanism.
- Support programming staff to ensure projects are implemented with the participation of all affected communities and information exchange with affected communities.
- Plan and conduct training on accountability and capacity development for staff of SRD facilities.
- Receive, process, and respond to beneficiary feedback and complaints and guide beneficiaries seeking assistance through the SRD Complaint and Feedback Mechanisms.
- Produce regular reports on accountability activities to support learning under conditions similar to help notes and to facilitate any follow-up.
- Analyze trends of the complaints and feedback received to help improve programming.
- Documenting lessons learned and recommendations.
- Ensure that the SRD Accountability policy implements accountability activities and processes. Furthermore, support the MEAL Coordinator in reviewing and updating the SOPs for accountability when needed.
- Ensure the effective functioning of SRD’s CFM and that complaints/feedback are adequately captured, analyzed, addressed, and responded to objectively and promptly.
- Maintain documentation of records; classified complaints should be in a secured database and periodically update data to produce reports on a weekly and monthly basis to superiors.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Business, Development, or any related field.
- Master's degree in these fields is an advantage.
Job Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 6 years of work experience in Supply chain, with 2 years of senior management positions.
- Previous experience of at least two years in implementing the complaints mechanism or monitoring and evaluating humanitarian programs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills and a strong understanding of collecting feedback safely and accurately from all community members regardless of age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
SRD Organization`s Principles of in Recruitment:
The organization is committed to the following principles:
- Recruitment is based on specific needs identified by departments and available budgets in programs, aiming to fill vacant positions with the best candidates.
- All employees are hired based on the organization's needs and capabilities under fixed-term contracts lasting no more than a year. The organization operates with limited funding and cannot secure permanent positions for employees.
- When selecting candidates, the organization adheres to job requirements and applicant qualifications such as education, training, experience, and other skills determined through job analysis.
- Continuous improvement of SRD organization's performance is achieved by hiring outstanding talents with the merit, scientific qualifications, practical experience, advantages, and necessary abilities to fulfill the job requirements and the organization's mission and vision.
- Attracting and hiring individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities enhances the quality of services and achieves success and excellence for SRD organization.
- All candidates are given equal access to information about vacant positions and their requirements.
- Fair treatment of all candidates in interviews and the selection process without bias, favoritism, or discrimination is ensured.
- Encouraging victims of terrorism, detainees, and qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for employment is a priority.
Equal Opportunities and Non-Discrimination:
SRD dedicated to promoting equal opportunities in our recruitment practices so the maintaining equal opportunities and nondiscrimination is a foundational principle:
- Discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, social status, origin, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, or any other grounds is strictly prohibited across all aspects of employment, organizational practices, work arrangements, salary, dismissal, and service provision.
- Preference among employees or candidates for employment may be granted based on objective criteria and qualifications essential for the job, and such preferences do not constitute discrimination.
- In instances where specific provisions apply to contracting concerning gender, qualifications, working conditions, or contract type (daily, weekly, seasonal), rights and responsibilities remain equitable
Protection from Harassment and Sexual Exploitation:
SRD Organization is dedicated to fostering a secure and respectful environment for employees and those they interact with in the course of their work. The recruitment, retention, and promotion of staff are inherently tied to maintaining high ethical standards and a commendable reputation. SRD Organization unequivocally prohibits and will not tolerate (zero tolerate) any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (whether sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Employees and associated personnel must strictly refrain from engaging in any discriminatory, harassing, or abusive behavior, whether physical, sexual, verbal, or otherwise, both within and outside the SRD organization.
RD Organization recognizes that ensuring a secure environment for children begins with the recruitment of qualified employees equipped with the necessary competencies and skills to perform their duties effectively, safely, and reliably. This commitment is geared towards safeguarding children from all forms of exploitation, labor, or potential harm.
In our dedication to children's safety, our selection process incorporates comprehensive background checks, underscoring our unwavering commitment to preventing abuse and ensuring the well-being of children.
Safeguarding Employee Relations:
In line with our commitment to fostering a secure and respectful work environment, the post holder is required to adhere to SRD's anti-harassment policy. This policy underscores our dedication to safeguarding the well-being of our staff by promoting a workplace culture characterized by mutual respect and professionalism. The role holder plays a vital part in this commitment, ensuring a supportive atmosphere and actively contributing to the safeguarding of their colleagues through the promotion of positive employee relations.
Non-Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities:
SRD Organization does not tolerate any discrimination against qualified applicants with disabilities or victims of terrorism. It encourages them to apply for employment, assuring them that there will be no discrimination against them in any of the recruitment and employment processes, including but not limited to hiring, benefits, job assignment, promotion, contract termination, sanctions, and training.
SRD Organization vehemently rejects and condemns all manifestations of terrorism. The organization is unwavering in its commitment to abstain from contracting, employing, or retaining any individual with a history of involvement in terrorist activities or any affiliation with entities directly or indirectly associated with terrorism.
All interested candidates in the position who meet our requirements, please send a copy ofyour CV and cover letter (no longer than four pages) including details of your salary expectations in English to the following email:
before 03-December-2023 stating in the subject " Position Name - your Name"
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our anti-harassment policy.
- Due to national quota regulations, this position is open only to applications from Turkish citizens or holding proper residence papers documents.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this post.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The SRD Recruitment team will consistently review applications on an early and rolling basis. We retain the right to conclude the application process before the stated deadline if a suitable candidate is identified. To expedite our efficient processing, the CSV filtering process will commence after the initial 5 days of receiving applications. If you are interested, we strongly encourage you to apply promptly..
SRD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: