Finance Officer Accountant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 800 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for an Accountant for its activities in Sumy. This position will report to the Finance Team Leader.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management Finance Team Leader, the Accountant is responsible for providing support for the day-to-day functioning of the DRC Sumy office, supports from accountancy side the implementation of DRC programs in the area of responsibility.
- Checks, calculation and processing the payments of business trips for DRC staff, maintenance of advances to employees
- Checking DRC Program activities related documents for compliance with Ukrainian legislation
- Control of the authenticity of the necessary documents for processing the payments
- Receiving inbound documentation for accounting processing (applications for payment, contracts)
- Control over the availability of DRC’s Supplier related documentation in accordance with payments, keeping the registrar updated
- Preparation of acts of performed work/acceptance in accordance with legislative requirements
- Produces calculation and transfer of taxes and fees, insuring contributions to state extra-budgetary social funds, payments to banking institutions, wages of employees and other payments
- Accounting of property, liabilities (accounting for fixed assets, inventory, etc.)
- Maintaining, entering and updating “1C” software, makes changes to the reference and regulatory information used in the processing of data.
Required experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of the legislation on accounting and tax accounting
- Registration of operations and organization of paperwork circulation in accounting system
- Conducting banking and cash transactions
- Participation in drafting of contracts with counterparties
- The procedure for maintaining documents for business trips, checking up-to-date reports
- Act as a focal point for program units as to program related documentation (grants, agreements, etc.)
- Experience of 5 years in accounting
- Deep knowledge in “1C” software
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Accuracy in paper work
- Competence to keep negotiations
- Finance literacy
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Accounting, Audit, Finance)
- Knowledge in accounting features of INGOs and/or Representative offices
Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible extension
Designation of Duty Station: Sumy
Start date: As soon as possible.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31.12.2023.