Assistant Finance Partner – Maternity Cover
LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
January 2024. Full-time, 6 months (Maternity cover).
The role of the Assistant Finance Partner (AFP) is to support the Finance Partners to prepare accurate financial information and offer advice, analysis and forecasting in order to support country funding strategy and fund management, mitigate financial risks, inform decision making and promote overall best financial practice.
The primary responsibility of the Finance Partner team is to provide key support to International Programmes in supporting Country Programme (CP) leadership to fund and deliver effective financial plans that will enable the delivery of the country programmes.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within the GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
The Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focussed on Medair financial and investment decisions, acts as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging a fit-for-purpose system.
Key Activity Areas
Grant and Private Funding (PF) management
- Assist the preparation of private funding and institutional donor budgets and reports.
- Assist and post reclass after report preparation.
- Assist with grant data management and monitoring. This includes grant card updates, preparing cash requests.
- Updating fund allocation matrix, updating the Grant Management Tool and PF need overviews.
- Provide inputs to the Audit Support Team when requested and support in applying audit lessons learned.
Country funding management and monitoring
- Support FPs in financial monitoring and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly (or quarterly) review meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Reviewing country programme expenditure and budget vs actuals.
- Updating the quarterly country budget forecasts.
- Participate in the review and consolidation of annual budgets for country programs.
Country Budget and Monitoring
- Upload the GD budgets on Portfolio.
- Manage project accounting databases / systems to ensure timely information update and control.
- Update Total Cost View report and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Finance Partner team projects and provide planned outputs.
- Produce adhoc financial analysis and reporting as requested.
- Deputise for the finance partners when needed.
- Lead on specific corporate initiatives and projects as delegated.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University and/or Bachelor degree in related subject.
- English (spoken and written), working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- 1 year experience working in the finance department.
- Good skills and experience in data analysis, financial reporting and presentations.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Problem solving ability and improvement driving skills.
- Competent with administrative tasks.
- Organized and structured.
- Good attention to detail.
- Resourceful, resilient and solution-focused.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Strong Christian commitment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning staff members and customers data and organization’s critical financial information.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: