Fund Raising Assistant, (GS-5), San Jose, Costa Rica
UNICEF Costa Rica Country Office is looking for a Fundraising Assistant to carry-out the administrative support required by Private Sector Engagement and Fundraising area to support the private sector donor acquisition and retention strategies, with a special focus on Individual Giving Channels.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, fundraising
Under the general guidance of the Corporate Alliances Officer (NOB), the Fundraising Assistant will carry-out the administrative support required by Private Sector Engagement and Fundraising area to support the private sector donor acquisition and retention strategies.
This post will provide administrative support in the execution across the Private Sector Fundraising channels with the aim of maximizing resources for results (RR) revenue for UNICEF Costa Rica by assisting with the Private Sector Engagement and Fundraising area, with a special focus on Individual Giving Channels.
Key individual fundraising channels will include, but not limited to, face to face, CPTP (corporate pathways to pledge), digital, telemarketing, cash, and emergency fundraising in addition to donor retention and value maximization.
How can you make a difference?
• Prepare recurring reports for budget and contract controls.
• Assist the Private Sector Engagement and Fundraising area on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters.
• Assist in the implementation of the technical training and support plans to achieve goals for each acquisition and retention campaigns to the team in the office or the suppliers.
• Assist in the coordinate of venues for the implementation of face-to-face campaigns.
• Assist in the attention of the individual donor inbound communication channels and support the case management execution.
• Support the execution of the retention strategies for key enablers of the acquisition channels, such as venues and partners.
• Assist the production process of the different fundraising materials developed for acquisition and retention activities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in implementing Individual Giving activities, with at least 2 of those years in charities/NGOs.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable male candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Should you be selected for a position with UNICEF, you either must be inoculated as required or receive a medical exemption from the relevant department of the UN. Otherwise, the selection will be cancelled.
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: