Junior Professional, Portfolio Management
Closing on: December 13, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Under the leadership and guidance of the Chief, Treasury and Portfolio Management, and other experienced professionals, who will be assigned as mentors, the Junior Professional will contribute to the treasury and portfolio management analytical reporting and trading activities with focus on the short-term liquidity position, including but not limited to, liquidity structure optimization, nostro cash flow management, forecasting of the cash position, and management reporting. All activities are to be conducted in line with internal policies and the risk management framework.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Compile and develop treasury management analytical reports (e.g., risk limit utilisation, current and forecast cash positions, and mark-to-market).
• Actively apply programming skills in creating new and automating existing management information reports.
• Monitor limits – credit and market risk, review of risks across portfolios and ensuring that all policies/procedures are appropriately applied.
• Assist in delivering high-quality treasury services through innovative methods of managing the Bank’s financial resources.
• Contribute to optimize cash flow and short-term liquidity management through formulating clear investment views and expressing these in well considered trade proposals and execution of approved trade ideas.
• Maintain trades data quality in TMS (Treasury Management System), monitor trade events and ensure trade processing completeness.
• Contribute to the design, testing and implementation of TMS, straight-through-processing, and control environment. Identify opportunities to streamline existing practices.
• Work in close communication with the project financing, risk, finance, and other concerned departments or divisions of the Bank.
• Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
• Nationality: NDB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of NDB member countries to apply.
• Age: up to 32 years old on the date of the posting.
• Education qualification: Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional field from a reputed university or a professionally qualified accountant.
• Professional experience: minimum one year of relevant full-time professional experience is preferred. Candidates with less than one-year full-time professional experience, and Fresh Graduates who have obtained the education degrees, as required by NDB, could also be considered. The relevant full-time professional experience excludes summer/winter jobs, internship, traineeship, articleship, etc.
• Understanding of vanilla interest rate and foreign exchange products.
• Familiarity with financial risk management and profit/loss within a bank treasury environment.
• Advanced Excel user including VBA development and advanced Python programming skills.
• High level of accuracy in application of quantitative skills.
• Problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
• Proficiency in English (reading, writing and listening) is a pre-requisite.
• Strong analytical skills and business sense. Agile approach, highly driven, eager to learn and innovative.
• High desire to challenge the status quo and bring in new ideas, innovation and approaches.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
• Application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• The candidates will be contacted by telephone or mail if NDB needs additional information.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Bank for the next stage of the recruitment process. If you have not heard from the Bank after 4 weeks of closing date of application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: