Project Finance Coordinator
War Child Holland is looking for a:
Project Finance Coordinator
“Enthusiastic and proactive with a passion for budgeting and project financial reporting and monitoring"
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Finance Coordinator to join our Ukraine Response team. You will oversee the financial aspects of assigned projects, including grant portfolio; ensure proper cost-effective & accurate budgeting and contribute to project designs by developing budgets. You will also be responsible for monitoring expenditures and maintaining compliance with financial donor requirements and regulations.
The Project Finance Coordinator will actively collaborate with project and operation support managers, partners, stakeholders, and the home office finance team to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop detailed project budgets in line with organizational goals and project objectives.
- Monitor and track budgetary performance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare regular financial reports for project stakeholders, providing insights into project financial status, variances, and forecasts.
- Present financial information to project teams and management, explaining key financial metrics.
- Review grant budgets and financial reports against approved budgets and provide critical feedback.
- Track and monitor project expenditures against budgets, commitments and funding levels and ensure adherence to approved budgets. Identify and analyze cost overruns, implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Review partner financial reports and prepare post back sheet to import the report to WCH financial software.
- Support the project team to conduct Due Diligence Assessments (DDAs) of the Implementing Partners (IPs) and manage follow-up actions related to financial recommendations.
- Monitor budgets in grant proposals and verify consistency with prevailing market rate.
- Organize and support IP staff capacity development and training in financial management.
- Review partner payment requests for completeness prior to processing, ensuring that documentation needed is complete.
- Coordinate the process for financial closure of grants and projects.
- Support country management team with forecasting grant-related expenditures.
- Conduct financial analysis to support decision-making and identify areas for cost optimization.
- Qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project finance, budgeting and reporting.
- Knowledge of financial regulations, grant management, and project accounting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Practical experience with INGOs, UN agencies financial procedures in the areas of project budgeting, reporting and financial controls.
- Experience working with grants projects, including monitoring financial performance, reviewing financial reports and providing capacity building support to grantees.
- Previous experience with, and a good working knowledge of the development and humanitarian sector/working with UN, international donors, NGOs is an advantage.
- Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems (Unit 4 is an advantage).
It is preferable for this position to be based in Ukraine. Other War Child locations will be considered in case of a strong fit candidate.
Flexibility to undertake frequent travel within the region is essential.
Local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the in-country salary scale, local T&C's will apply. Initially the contract will be via a consultancy agreement.
Weekly working hours of 40.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 18 December 2023. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and a short cover letter to: https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/job/296643/apply
Applications are considered and reviewed on a rolling basis.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: