Manager, Credit Review
IDB3203 - Manager, Credit Review
SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for assisting in the evaluation of trade finance proposals at ITFC with a view to identifying the associated credit risks and recommending mitigating measures to its line management.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of all financing proposals received from Trade Solutions Complex as well as investment proposals and ensure that these are in adherence with ITFC’s risk acceptance criteria. This evaluation will include identifying the associated risk factors and recommending suitable credit enhancements or risk mitigation measures to the line management.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Credit Review in issuing the Risk Management recommendations on prospective deals that are to be incorporated as a critical input in Committees’ meetings for the proposal’s evaluation and approval process.
- Conduct activities such as the preparation of reports for the portfolio assessment committee (PAC), Credit Committee (CC) and the follow-up of credit related issues assigned by the line management.
- Provide input in developing, validating, and updating the Risk Scoring models and making recommendations, as required.
- Undertake initial review of periodical Credit Risk Ratings prepared for ITFC clients, verify compliance with defined covenants and relevant contractual arrangements, and ascertain that no material adverse changes occur regarding the client and/or the business environment.
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions, where required, based on the deliberations of the portfolio assessment committee (PAC) and standard operating procedures established for Risk Management.
- Compile lessons learnt from credit standpoint based on the findings of credit review, portfolio management assignments and provide inputs to the line management for the strengthening of credit risk management practices.
- Support the line management for the strengthening of risk culture through various dissemination platforms.
- Identify areas of automation in the credit management process on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain MIS reports, log of credit files and minutes to the meetings in digital and paper-based archives.
- The role is also expected whenever required to contribute and perform in areas of credit risk architecture, governance, policies, tools, and analytics.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Master’s Degree in Banking/Financial Economics or similar qualification
- MBA with a specialization in Finance/CFA/FRM is a plus.
▪ English is compulsory
▪ Arabic or French is preferable
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: