Education Technical Assistant Iraq Erbil
NRC is committed to our localization strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the program operations.
NRC will endeavor to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the education and youth project. Education assistants will support all field-level operations and supervise incentive workers
What you will do:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivering tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support are being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem-solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities, and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
Specifically, you will:
- assist in the implementation of education and youth activities under the direction of the Education Officer and education project coordinator.
- Supervise education and youth incentive staff and provide support to them in line with program objectives.
- Provide support to NRC activities, schools, centers, and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with project participants and relevant host communities.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects at the field level four days a week as a minimum standard.
- Organize, support, and participate in community group meetings, PTA, youth clubs, and camp meetings.
- Regularly travel to the field to support the implementation of education, recreation, youth, and PSS activities.
- Organize and implement distributions of Education and youth materials and supplies to schools and NRC centers.
- Ensure proper documentation of the distribution list and docs, both physically and electronically.
- prepare and submit weekly reports, daily updates, and weekly staff work plans to the line manager.
- Monitor the attendance of the project participants and incentive workers frequently and submit the incentive workers’ timesheets and payment docs by the end of each month.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: