Education Officer Iraq Erbil
NRC is committed to our localization strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the program operations.
NRC will endeavor to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the officer position is the day-to-day implementation of the Education and youth
What you will do
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure that projects target project participants who are most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
Specifically, you will:
- Implement education and youth activities under the direction of the Education Project Coordinator.
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to Education Technical Assistants. Provide technical support and feedback to them in line with program objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective project and individual work plans.
- Provide support to formal schools, NRC centers, and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Ensure accurate and ongoing monitoring, tracking, and reporting of education and youth project activities, budgets, and targets.
- Monitor and evaluate project implementation at the field level, address and share challenges faced, and suggest proper solutions for the challenges faced.
- Conduct regular field visits (minimum 1 day a week) to support education and youth project implementation at the field level.
- Monitoring and updating overall project work plan, weekly report, and staff work plan.
- Contribute to formal report writing.
- Ensure proper and regular communication by providing updates to relevant local authorities such as the directorate of education, camp managers, directorate of vocational training, etc.
- Document technical issues and challenges, and channel to the Education PC.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: