Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Lead the development and implementation of Programme/project performance indicators, log frames, results frameworks, M&E plans, and theories of change.
Establish and coordinate plans for collection and analysis of data.
Provide guidance and develop initiatives to ensure that the programmes are aligned with M&E principles and guidelines and assess Monitoring & Evaluation capacity of implementing partners
Support capacity building of implementing partners in Monitoring and Evaluation
Develop and maintain an M&E dashboard to increase and strengthen the quality and availability of country and programmatic data
Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve the quality and timeliness of reporting, and ensure the capture of lessons learned.
Draft programme/donor reports (narrative) as well as lessons learned reports that are evidence-based and practical.
Ensure alignment of reports with corporate, donors or other stakeholders reporting templates and regulations
Support team members by providing guidance and technical assistance in the area of annual planning, reviews and reporting, promoting a results and performance improvement mindset and M&E culture.
In collaboration with the Advocacy and Communications team, disseminate strategic information and share best practices:
With external support, guide the development of an AT resource hub - a repository of resources from trusted partners including guidelines, training modules, toolkits etc. Develop a process to ensure resources meet quality criteria and are up-to-date.
Interact and follow up with partners to solicit case studies, lessons learned, success stories, and best practices for internal and external sharing.
Lead the preparation of success and impact stories, lessons learned, and best M&E practices for inclusion in internal and external communication products.
Contribute to the development and introduction of innovative practices to ensure the office/programmes are continually incorporating best practice approaches.
Provide coaching and support to facilitate learning-focused monitoring and evaluation processes, including the use of participatory methods (such as Most Significant Change, Outcome Harvesting), beneficiary and stakeholder feedback mechanisms and facilitation of peer-learning events etc.
Promote learning and exchanging lessons learned and good practices between partners
Plan, design, and set-up data collection tools and management systems.
Implement strategies to ensure data quality, including data validation checks, consistency checks, and error reduction techniques.
Create data visualizations (charts, graphs and dashboards) to effectively communicate results, achievements and findings to stakeholders.
Work on evaluation data collection and identify evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting and learning.
Impact of Results
The MEL Specialist will directly contribute to the design of M&E systems and the availability of M&E results and performance data.
The incumbent will ensure the quality and timeliness of execution of services and submission of key deliverables in the programmatic and monitoring and evaluation area, and if needed, propose innovative and proactive solutions.
- An Advanced University Degree (Master's degree or equivalent) preferably in public health, political or social science, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field
- A Bachelor's degree in the above with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in developing M&E framework, learning and reporting tools for international development programmes is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of MEL methodologies for international development programmes is required
- Demonstrated excellent writing and analysis skills is required
- Familiarity with disability rights and inclusion of disability in projects and programmes, as well as a foundational understanding of the CRPD and other international instruments and relevant frameworks is desirable
- Experience incorporating the engagement of affected populations is an asset.
- Experience working in more than one low- or middle-income country is an asset,
- Experience in a UN system organization is desirable
- Knowledge of web technologies and management information systems is preferable.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UN language, particularly French , is an asset.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: