Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate
Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate
INTRODUCTION TO GGGI
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. To learn more please visit about GGGI web page.
In support of GGGI's Togo Program, the Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate will be based in GGGI’s office in Lome. Under the guidance of the Program Lead, he/she will be responsible for handling the Program’s communication and knowledge sharing activities by supporting the development of communication strategies and plans for the program and projects including through content development, media engagement, communication, knowledge sharing, advocacy, and outreach activities in an inclusive and environmentally sustainable manner.
The Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate will also be responsible for managing day-to-day tasks including media and social media content development, public relations, and project communications activities as well as providing support for meetings preparation, onsite events, and other pertinent tasks. The Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate also supports GGGI’s global communication and knowledge sharing interventions and is part of the Global Communication and Knowledge Sharing team.
- Develop, implement, and monitor audience-centric communications strategies and plans, for the GGGI Togo country portfolio as well as specific projects.
- Communicate project results by developing project factsheets, messages, and visualization.
- Following GGGI global guidelines coordinate and manage country program publication including proofreading, designing, and assisting in publishing of GGGI reports and disseminating these.
- Support the alignment with GGGI’s and donors’ communication guidelines, and ensure visual identity aligns with GGGI’s identity and message.
- Review, edit, and copy edit GGGI knowledge products including reports and training materials.
- Stay abreast of research and news relevant to GGGI areas of work and synthesize key messages for GGGI colleagues and key audiences.
- Coordination and support of corporate, and national level outreach and campaigns, harnessing different media to promote GGGI Togo Program
- Create infographics and other visual content for online and print.
- Manage the design, editing, printing, and project management for program publications.
- Research, adapt, and manage the country program’s communications products to ensure increased reach and recognition of the GGGI brand.
- Support in branding and event organization at the country level, and regional level to connect and showcase GGGI’s priorities, programs, capacities, and impact.
- Working closely with Togo program staff and supporting the engagement of the partner government ministries/agencies to ensure all materials including jointly branded ones are complied with our communications guidelines.
- Coordinate with GGGI HQ Communications and knowledge sharing unit and other Event teams and facilitate the outreach and communications and knowledge sharing activities in the country.
- Working closely with other members of the team, to support the development of project communications outputs as appropriate.
- Support the country team on opportunities to improve outreach and promote program awareness.
- Collaborates with other units and divisions of GGGI to ensure integrated delivery as One GGGI
- Liaises with the country team and project managers in assigned region/sub-national to ensure compliance with GGGI processes and monitor project/program delivery progress and implementation of risk mitigation measures.
- Coordinate and liaise with external vendors (i.e., printer, designer, etc.) to produce campaigns and marketing packages.
- Build and maintain relationships with service or goods providers.
- Develop Project Factsheet and Knowledge Products, Content Development, Production, Collection, and Dissemination
- Events organizing –Support the successful planning and delivery of events hosted by the Togo Team during the GGGI’s Global Green Growth Week.
- Develop a communications plan to maximize the visibility of the Program and its outputs delivered.
- Draft and publish content on GGGI’s social media platforms (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook)
- Support external communications around GGGI’s events, conferences, and workshops and engage with local journalists.
- Maintain and manage the program’s creative resources library, which includes a photo library, videos, design templates, and content for the program page on the GGGI website.
- Draft and publish summaries and snippets of key events and outputs as social media posts and for publication as reports.
- Plan and produce innovative marketing and communication collaterals (e.g., infographics, brochures, social media postcards, promotional videos; materials for GGGI booths in exhibitions, online campaigns); prepare a periodic Program newsletter.
- Work with related staff in the Program to assist the organization and delivery of an events pipeline of the Program.
- Support engagement of the partner government and stakeholders on outreach and communication issues related to GGGI Togo Program activities.
- Identify and inform the Program Lead and project managers on engagement opportunities and the effectiveness of outreach and campaigns.
- Support production of briefing packages and communication materials for external liaisons
- Coordinate and liaise with related external vendors for producing campaigns and marketing materials, as appropriate; manage and direct photographers and videographers for producing desired content.
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of GGGI’s program work to respond to information requests from staff.
- Observe ongoing reporting of active projects and mapping of communication activities.
- Supports corporate and international gatherings and events which provide opportunities to share lessons learned from the GGGI country program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., communications, journalism, public relations, international development, etc.)
- Preferably 4-6 years relevant experience in the above fields2 years of experience can be considered with a relevant master’s degree.
- Experience in coordinating and delivering high-impact communication materials, preferably in a multilateral setting, is required.
- Hands-on experience in producing communications collateral (using relevant software/tools, etc.) is required.
- Grasp of issues and topics related to green growth, climate change, and sustainable development is highly desirable.
- Experience in a reputable media or journalism entity is a strong plus.
- Good grasp of Africa and specifically the Togo context; experience working with government or private sector stakeholders is a plus.
- Experience in producing strategic communications for Ministerial-level delegates and C-level executives is a plus.
- Experience in external relations and liaison management in an international organization related to green growth and international development is a plus.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in French is highly desirable.
- Experience in online operational systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and networking skills
- Ability to liaise and work fluidly and seamlessly with relevant units and staff.
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Dedicated team player, with a result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties on time and budget.
- Excellent multicultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team.
- Takes a proactive approach and works independently with minimum supervision to solve issues arising.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, especially to events that the Program is organizing or participating (occasionally)
- Ability and willingness to work in a flexible and agile manner and deliver according to the demands of the Program.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership,
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem-solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
The Associate is an X6 grade level in GGGI's Togo salary scale. The starting salary for the position is USD 9028 per annum. Determination of base salary is subject to the candidate's experience, academic background, and internal equity. GGGI provides 15% of base salary towards retirement plan/long-term savings, 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance. GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist Staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and well-being of Staff members.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: