Project Associate, Western Balkan and Turkey (m/f/d)
ABOUT TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
Transparency International is a global movement with one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. With more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, we are leading the fight against corruption to turn this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Project Associate (m/f/d) for the ‘Citizen Engagement for Public Integrity (CEPI) in the Western Balkans and Turkey’ project. CEPI is a European Commission (DG NEAR) funded project. It aims at strengthening the rule of law by addressing public integrity deficiencies in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey, through increased evidence-based anti-corruption policy making and implementation and enhanced civic engagement for public integrity, transparency and accountability.
A full-time Project Associate (m/f/d) will work closely with the team members composed of colleagues from Global Movement, Research and Knowledge, Global Policy and Advocacy, Communications, and Finance teams, as well as TI National Chapters and partner organisations in the region to support delivery on an exciting anti-corruption project in the Western Balkans and
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Project administration support for the implementation of the ‘Citizen Engagement for Public Integrity (CEPI) in the Western Balkans and Turkey’ project.
Reporting Line: Head of Projects
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1
salary starting EUR 35,175.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: 31.12.2024
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with occasional international travel as needed
Job ID: TIS-Proj-PAWBT-112023
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Projects Team, the Project Associate will:
- Proactively support day-to-day implementation of the ‘Citizen Engagement for Public Integrity (CEPI) in the Western Balkans and Turkey’ project and ensure consistency with TI-S processes and procedures
- Support the organisation of events/meetings and related logistics; contribute to appropriate information management including preparing documentation before and after events
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the project and other internal teams (e.g. Finance, Communications, Research, Governance and Legal) ensuring process integrity, as well as coordinating regular updates within the team
- Support the preparation of project outputs, including narrative/accountability reports, trainings, events, presentations, publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
- Support information management, including maintaining up to date, organised and accurate filing systems and contact lists
- Support financial administration of the project (monitoring budgets, contracting support, organising funding transfers, reimbursements, invoices etc.)
- Respond to requests for information, researching in order to provide sufficient responses or escalating where needed
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, reports, etc.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in social sciences, administration, journalism, economics, management, or another relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant experience - preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation - working on administrative support, project management or related
- Experience in organising events with diverse international partners required
- Solid understanding of budget/financial management processes (working in collaboration with Project Accountants)
- Experience with donor funded projects (in particular European Commission / DG NEAR) in the civil society field a strong advantage
- Experience and understanding of relevant regional (the Western Balkans and Turkey) and/or thematic (rule of law, political integrity, state capture, citizen engagement) contexts an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills; professional language proficiency in English; additional languages of the Western Balkans and Turkey region an asset
- Strong IT literacy, in particular MS Excel
- Demonstrated interest in good governance and corruption related issues and advocacy
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic experts in the field of anti-corruption, driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and eligible
- financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Remote-hybrid working model from within Germany
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year)
- Friday afternoons alternately free or meeting-free during the summer months
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- Mental wellbeing and counselling support by OpenUp
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for external applications is Tuesday, December 12th.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
Transparency International is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome and strongly encourage applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed and eligible.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise), nor does Transparency International require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants. Transparency International will also not ask you to join any group or account on social media or elsewhere.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: