Administrative & Finance Assistant, G-5, Fixed Term, Mumbai, India, SAR, Post No 19881 (This post is open for Indian Nationals only)
The Administrative & Finance Assistant reports to the Operations Officer and is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and financial tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies. In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, CARE
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens addressing inequity not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. Therefore, the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose for the job:
The Administrative & Finance Assistant reports to the Operations Officer and is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and financial tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/tasks:
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records
- Invoice Processing
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in vision.
- Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system.
- Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Support to Financial Control
- Maintain unit/work plans and budgets as well as off line financial status reports for Unit work plans.
- Monitor and advise budget owners on financial status of projects and potential over-expenditures and recommend possibilities for reallocation to ensure the optimum use available funds.
- Review and process payments in VISON related to HACT, utility payments, supplies, PO, advances and other payments. Check the requests have the necessary supporting documents, usually the original document, validity of the charge, they are certified by the staff responsible and are coded correctly. File the transactions and the related supporting documents regularly and share copies with relevant sections as required.
- Process budget revisions of Unit projects for approval of the Chief.
- Submit periodic financial reports for management oversight, monitoring and review and confirm availability of funds as required.
- Process requisitions and prepare payment vouchers for the unit.
- Provide relevant information for the response to audits.
- Contracting of consultants or other service providers
- Be the Supply and Procurement Focal Point for the office.
- Facilitate the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in vision, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Ensure appropriate filing of procurement cases and maintain up to date records for future reference including for audit.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Events and Conferences
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials in the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments.
- General Administrative Duties
- Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information.
- Maintain attendance records.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages Ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
- The position is based in Mumbai, India.
- This post is open for Indian Nationals only.
- The selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited / recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process, including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training, etc.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link http://unicef.in/Wherewework
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: