Head of IT Services - CST II
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY TO WORK AT WFP?
Join us to make a difference!
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done
The incumbent will be responsible for TEC services in the country, engaging with, and maintaining a strong relationship with the Country Office Management. Acts as the conduit between Global / Regional TEC and the country to drive a digitally enabled operation. The CO TEC Lead will develop and define CO TEC strategy, in alignment with WFP’s digital strategy. Through working with internal clients, building strong relationships with senior management and key stakeholders, continual service improvements and mainstreaming of innovations, the shift to a new digital landscape supports our operational requirements.
Ultimately the incumbent should deliver efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable WFP Country Office and staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Lead, manage and motivate a team of IT staff, build their capacities in their work, define back up roles and provide tools and capacities, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance.
• Facilitate and track compliance with global IT standards, including but not limited to actions related to cybersecurity, infrastructure, data center procedures, and asset management.
• Partner with the business to understand CO vision, mission, needs and operating environment in order to build strategic and operational business objectives into solutions exploiting IT capabilities. Conducting business analysis across multiple business areas to align business and IT needs using logical and innovative solutions.
• Establish and manage effective business relationships, provide expert IT advice and innovative solutions that fulfil CO operational and strategic objectives.
• Provide leadership and operational supervision in the design and management of beneficiary management and digital payment systems.
• Provide oversight, strategic guidance and operational management for the portfolio of IT services including other Agencies and humanitarian partners in order to align activities and maximise possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT/TC. In this context, partnerships development, resource mobilisation, communications and advocacy are considered key capacities.
• Participate in the development of plans, budgets and policies, and lead the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
• Coordinate and prepare reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying trends/issues and proposing solutions to increase cost-efficiency.
• Maintain technical expertise and knowledge of industry developments and develop skills within specific areas of competence within WFP CO.
• Provide advice to managers and users to resolve complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
• Maintain effective partnerships with colleagues and external partners, to foster information exchange and support to meet service requirements.
• Contribute to emergency preparedness and contingency planning, providing technical recommendations and monitoring the management of risks, so that WFP can maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
• Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience: Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field with minimum 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in a similar role with proven application of sound technical knowledge and managerial skills to manage, supervise and guide IT team, or First University degree with at least 8 years of above-mentioned experience.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Intermediate level for Arabic language.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Has coordinated and managed small or medium projects at HQ and field Office.
• Has co-led change management procedures, activities and processes at HQ and field.
• Has co-designed standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain or at a HQ and field Office.
• Has successfully performed installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading systems performance.
• Has proven experience analyzing service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations.
• Has keen ground-level experience implementing IT and telecoms systems in emergencies. (Desirable)
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: International Consultant - Level 2
Duration: 11 months
THIS POSITION IS FOR NON-JORDANIAN
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=830546&company=C0000168410P
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=830546&company=C0000168410P
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
7 December 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: