Security Associate SC6, Dhaka
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Security Associate SC6, Dhaka
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Dhaka
Vacancy Number: 830571
Date of Publication: 29 November 2023
Deadline of Application: 12 December 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Bangladesh.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
To perform tasks related to the implementation and assessment of security measures and maintenance of equipment with a view towards providing updates and recommendations to facilitate informed decision-making and secure WFP staff, facilities and operations.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Security Management/International Relations/Law Enforcement/other relevant fields.
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 06 years of progressively responsible experience in Bangladesh Military/Law and/or humanitarian organizations in Security management role.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in spoken and written English and Bangla is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Specialised knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
• Training and experience in fire and related intervention/evacuation procedures.
• Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
• Attention to detail and constant vigilance in order to promptly detect any breach in security measures.
• Ability to interpret information, use judgement and inform supervisors of any incidents which might impact the UNWFP staff and operations.
• Excellent communication skills in order to maintain frequent correspondence with both, internal staff and external authorities with regards to security advisories and security incidents.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
2. Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
3. Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
4. Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
5. Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
6. Assist in advising the Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
7. Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
8. Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
9. Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
10. Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
11. Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
12. Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core
values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. The country strategic plan is aligned with the United Nations sustainable development cooperation framework for Bangladesh for 2022‒2026 and the eighth five-year plan (covering the period July 2020‒June 2025) of the Government of Bangladesh. It is informed by the recommendations of an independent evaluation of the country strategic plan for 2017–2021 and consultation with key stakeholders. It will contribute to Sustainable Development Goals 2 and 17 through four strategic outcomes.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 12 December 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: