Nuclear Engineer (Quality and Supply Chain)(P4)
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLICATION DEADLINE\: Please note that the closing date for submission of applications is indicated in local time as per the time zone of the applicant's location.
The objective of the Department of Nuclear Energy (NE) is to foster the efficient and safe use of nuclear power by supporting interested Member States in\: improving the performance of nuclear power plants, the nuclear fuel cycle, and the management of nuclear wastes; catalysing innovation in nuclear power and fuel cycle technologies; developing indigenous capabilities around the world for national energy planning; deploying new nuclear power plants; preserving and disseminating nuclear information and knowledge; and advancing science and industry through improved operation of research reactors.
The department has a dynamic, participative and interactive operating environment with inputs received from the Board of Governors, the General Conference, policy and decision-makers, and technical counterparts in Member States and the international development community.
The Division of Nuclear Power comprises the Nuclear Power Engineering Section (NPES), the Nuclear Infrastructure Development Section (NIDS), the International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles) Section (INPRO) and the Nuclear Power Technology Development Section (NPTDS). The Division provides core engineering, technological, capacity building and management support to interested Member States in the field of nuclear power.
The Nuclear Power Engineering Section (NPES) assists interested Member States in the development of the safe and effective operation of nuclear power plants and in the expansion of existing nuclear programmes. It provides guidance and encourages information exchange on engineering aspects of design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, decommissioning; project management and management systems; supply chain and quality management, and performance improvement; expansion planning and strategies.
As a member of a team reporting to the Head of the Nuclear Power Engineering Section, the Nuclear Engineer (Quality and Supply Chain) ensures a results oriented programmatic response to Member States' priorities by organizing training programmes, workshops, expert missions and technical meetings, preparing state-of-the-art reports on the management of nuclear power plant procurement, supply chain and the related quality assurance and control in relation to assistance and advice given to Member States.
The Nuclear Engineer (Quality and Supply Chain) is\: (1) an expert in all aspects of quality management(e.g. quality assurance and quality control) and management of suppliers for nuclear power plant projects and operations; (2) a technical officer, arranging and conducting activities required for the successful and timely publication of technical documents, as an outcome of tasks in the field of management of nuclear power plant procurement, supply chain and the related processes involving quality assurance and control; (3) a scientific secretary, planning and leading moderately complex technical meetings, and; (4) a partnership builder, establishing, developing and maintaining an international network through use of virtual tools (webinars, toolkits, virtual networks of excellence, etc) .
Functions / Key Results Expected
Prepare technical reports and guidelines on management of nuclear power plant procurement, supply chain and the related processes involving quality assurance and control.
Coordinate, assist, facilitate and implement the meetings organized within the scope (management of nuclear power plant procurement, supply chain and the related processes involving quality assurance and control).
Follow independently important trends with a view to providing the information to improve the performance and enhance reliability of the nuclear power plants and the supply chains.
Builds and maintains partnerships through establishing, developing and maintaining an international network through use of virtual tools (webinars, toolkits, virtual networks of excellence, etc).
Provide advice and technical assistance, as required, to Member States for specific projects belonging to the scope.
Contribute, as appropriate, to preparation of the IAEA's programme, financial plan, annual reports, etc.
Convene consultancies, technical meetings or workshops, and support coordinated research projects resulting in the development of technical publications.
Competencies and Expertise
Core Competencies(Competency Framework)
|Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.
|Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division’s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.
|Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.
|Planning and Organizing
|Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section’s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.
|Consults with supervisor/manager and takes decisions in full compliance with the Agency’s regulations and rules. Makes decisions reflecting best practice and professional theories and standards.
|Identifies and builds partnerships. Develops and maintains long lasting partnerships to strengthen relationships. Delivers programmatic outputs and acquires resources in support of Agency goals.
|Ensures that work is in compliance with internationally accepted professional standards and scientific methods. Provides scientifically/technically accepted information that is credible and reliable.
|NPP Supply Chain
|Expertise in supply chains operations and risks.
|Nuclear Engineering and Technology
|Expertise in nuclear power plant construction and operation processes.
|Management and Programme Analysis
|Expertise in reliability and risk management.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
Master's Degree - Advanced university degree in the field of nuclear, mechanical or electrical engineering.
Bachelor's Degree - University degree in the field of nuclear, mechanical or electrical engineering with three years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of advanced university degree.
Minimum seven years of working experience in management of nuclear supply chain, quality and/or large nuclear projects.
Experience of working in a national/international nuclear organization or institute desirable.
In-depth knowledge of and experience in the technical principles and practices relating to the field of management of supply chains and procurement, quality management (including quality assurance and control) of nuclear power plant construction and operation and management systems.
Experience in technical writing in English in order to produce and review documents related to the supply chain, quality and management for future and operating nuclear power plants.
Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $77326 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $ 35802, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; Other benefits include 6 weeks' annual leave, home leave travel, pension plan and health insurance. More information on the conditions of employment can be found at\: https\://www.iaea.org/about/employment/professional-staff/conditions
- The IAEA's paramount consideration in the recruitment of staff member is to secure employees of the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity.
- Staff Members shall be selected without any unfair treatment or arbitrary distinction based on a person's race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, age, language, social origin or other similar shared characteristic or trait.
- The IAEA is committed to gender equality and to promoting a diverse workforce. Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values)\: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity.
- The IAEA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and the IAEA, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the selection criteria stated in the vacancy announcement. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to reference and background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report.
- Staff members may be assigned to any location.
- Candidates appointed to posts in the Professional and higher categories are subject to IAEA rotation policy and their maximum tour of service shall normally be seven years.
- The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: