Executive Assistant for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Country Office
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of UN Women Country Representative and with the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Executive Assistant supports to the Country Representative in her daily activities, managing meeting calendar, correspondence and other activities as requested. The incumbent supports Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Executive Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with the Country Representative, programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange Country Representative’s travels: initiate travel authorization for approval, reserve flight schedules, identify and book accommodations, coordinate with the Country Office Operations section for relevant travel advances and claims, seek appropriate visa and security clearances;
- Coordinate Drivers’ distribution by managing the calendar of requests for driving services, submitted by the Country Office personnel
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Maintain roster of Country Office contacts;
- Provide administrative support for meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions, and other key events;
- Monitor and maintain Country Office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Act as an interpreter/translator upon request from English (Russian, optional) and into Georgian language and vice versa when required;
- Provide administrative support to the Country Office property management; and
- Oversee protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities on space and other administrative matters;
2. Provide effective communication and information management support to the Country Representative
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize, and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Draft routine correspondence and interoffice circulars, ensuring correctness in terms of format, grammar, and spelling;
- Maintain and organize up to date files for easy access and retrieval; and
- Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
3. Provide support to the Country Representative’s external relations activities
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal, and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Meet and greet officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits; and
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web-based management skills.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
Required Skills and Experience
- At least bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, administration, or in similar disciplines
- At least High School degree with additional six (6) years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- In case of bachelor’s degree at least three (3) years of experience in secretarial, administrative, procurement or logistics support service.
- At least six years of relevant professional experience required with high school degree
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in the use of QUANTUM or any ERP would be an asset.
- Fluency in Georgian and English
- Knowledge of other UN official working language will be an asset
The contractor will report to and work under direct supervision of the UN Women Operations Manager and overall guidance of UN Women Georgia Country Representative.
Application submission package for SB3-Mid level should consist of:
- Duly filled in Personal History Form PHF11 that can be downloaded from
How to Submit the Application:
Download and complete the UN Women Personal History Form (P11)-
- Merge your UN Women Personal History Form (P11), CV and Motivation Letter into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded.
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement).
- Click 'Apply Now' button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click 'Submit Application;'
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above).
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
- UN Women retains the right to contact references directly. Due to the large numbers of applications, we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidatesmay be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: