Regional Finance Manager for South Asia Programme
- Understands and translates the strategy into operational objectives for the team, and leads the necessary changes.
- Organizes operational management for his/her team, structures the work around identified processes, steers performance, and facilitates problem solving.
- Contributes/leads in the revision /draft the Finance management section of the Program's StratOp in compliance with HI's policies and mandate
- Produces and updates the Program’s risk assessment on financial risks, disputes, and proposes and implements corrective mitigation measures.
- Oversees HI external representation activities related to financial issues, takes part in inter-NGO working groups and ensures the development of regional partnerships in link with the South Asia financial management strategy.
- Oversees the deployment and monitors compliance with all of HI’s financial policies, processes, and tools in the South Asia region and, if necessary, develops specific financial tools overseen by his or her line and functional management.
- Defines and supervises the deployment of internal financial controls in the South Asia region, as well as any necessary corrective actions.
- Supervises the drafting of budgets and verifies that HI’s funds are being used in an optimal manner in the South Asia region.
- Ensures the accuracy and updating of financial information and coordinates the process of reporting andcompiling financial information in accordance with HI financial calendar.
- Directs the development of all accounting processes in the South Asia region, ensuring their compliance with HI accounting reference framework (procedures, tools) and their incorporation into the accounting information system (IS).
- Directs the drafting of funding proposals for institutional donors and the construction of funding schedules
- Monitors consumption rates, issues alert in the event of a risk of non-compliance with the flexibility rules and anticipates slippage by preparing contractual amendments with his or her interlocutors
- Supervises and coordinates the production and quality of financial reports to donors by checking compliance with donor guidelines
- Evaluates and provides means of payment adapted to the needs of the Program and ensures compliance with payment rules according to the defined thresholds.
- Oversees procedure for the security and storage of funds, including security thresholds, and proposes adaptations if necessary.
- Puts in place and monitors the elements of the finance profession in South Asia region under his or her responsibility: dissemination, use and contribution to revisions of standards, monitoring of recommendations for the skills development of the teams, etc.
- Leads the emergency preparedness actions in South Asia Finance department and, in case of emergency,
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Studies, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in finance with at least 3 years in senior management role.
- Experience in team management with proven experience in change/transformation management.
- Sound knowledge of accounting as well as financial and tax management skills
- Knowledge of donor frameworks and rules
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgement and decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Proficient in MS Office Packages as well as knowledge of accounting and financial reporting software.
- Proficiency in English and oral and written communication skills
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: