National Project Officer (NP2), ExB DGS
Mission | Sarajevo
NOTE: Please note that this position is funded under an Extra-Budgetary (ExB) Project which runs until 30 March 2024 with the possibility of an extension subject to further receipt of funds.
The post is located in the Democratic Governance Section (DGS) that operates within the larger organizational structure - Human Dimension Department (HDD). It is an extra-budgetary (ExB) post within the project “Informed citizens and efficient mechanisms to prevent and fight corruption”. In addition to this post, the project also comprises two Project Assistant (G5) posts.
The main objective of the HDD is to support the Mission’s overall mandate in helping to secure a lasting peace in the country. The HDD works towards achieving this objective by, among other things, implementing programmes and initiatives that promote human rights, education reform, rule of law, trust-building, good governance and democratic values. Within this context, the DGS works on safeguarding democratic and good governance principles at all authority levels, and ensuring that institutions and governments are responsive, transparent, effective, representative and accountable.
The main purpose of the job is day-to-day management and implementation of the project in all phases of the project cycle: execution, reporting, monitoring, and post-project evaluation in compliance with the CRMS. The National Project Officer is responsible for ensuring coherence and consistency in the implementation of the project, liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. He/she provides necessary assessments of relevant pre-conditions, such as willingness of authorities to co-operate in provision of relevant data, and use the existing good relations established by the extensive field network to engage in meaningful discussions, should any co-operation-related problems arise. The incumbent remains in close communication with the Department's management in advising on all issues relevant to the implementation of the project. The incumbent may be required to fulfill a representational role with various external counterparts including high-level national and international counterparts.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Chief of Democratic Governance (NP3), the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Overseeing and co-ordinating the day-to-day implementation of the project. This includes timely implementation, systematic monitoring, accurate reporting and rigorous evaluation of the planned activities, both in-house and for the project’s donors;
2. Implementing the project by facilitating process delivery and ensuring all undertaken operations comply with project results and objectives, produces needs/stakeholder analysis, designing and coordinating the project’s activities and overseeing their execution (including coordination with and oversight over hired consultants and/or vendors on developing workshop concepts, designing surveys and other relevant assessment requirements, and designing and developing all aspects of the awareness raising campaigns);
3. Ensuring that the project activities are being implemented in accordance with the approved project proposal, agreed timeline and budget, and ensures its complementarity with relevant UB activities;
4. Conducting regular monitoring and reporting activities, including assessment of specific aspects of project implementation, close follow up on budget and expenditure, evaluating the implementation of activities as per project cycle management, and identifying problems and proposing that actions be taken to expedite delivery of project activities. This includes conducting of rigorous assessment and measurement of impact of planned capacity building workshops/trainings (through appropriate tools such as pre-and post- knowledge assessments and evaluation forms);
5. Preparing project reporting documents, drafting proposed revisions of narrative and budget project-related documents such as background and justification, risk assessment and/or logical framework matrix, evaluation forms and analysis etc., as well as drafting concept notes and providing substantive input to project activities, progress and evaluation reports; drafting inputs on designated aspects of project progress to programme monitoring;
6. Liaising with the relevant BiH stakeholders and institutions, as well as the international community, in order to keep them abreast of the project’s progress and results.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- First-level university degree in law, public administration, political sciences, media, or other related areas;
- A minimum of four years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of project management;
- Project implementation experience in BiH;
- Experience in implementing capacity-building workshops;
- Experience in developing and implementing surveys and pre-and post-knowledge assessments;
- Experience in co-operating with national and international organizations at the field and headquarter level;
- Knowledge of the BiH political situation and structure;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Holding a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive official vehicles.
- Experience in working on issues related to public campaigns
- Knowledge of anti-corruption regulations and processes, capacity-building and marketing strategies
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,785.25 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
The mandatory retirement age at the OSCE is 65 years for contracted positions at the general service, professional and director level. The Organization shall apply an age limit of 63 years at the time of appointment as the incumbent selected is normally expected to carry out the contractual obligation of two years.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: