Specialist with the themes Rural Women, Traditional Peoples & Communities and Indigenous Peoples
Remote | Home Based - May require travel
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
To contribute to the consolidation of the productive and socioeconomic organization of family farming in Brazil, through the implementation of innovative and priority actions in the formulation of national public policies.
The incumbent reports to the Assistant Representative in FAO Brazil - Programme
To carry out a study with a view to technically subsidizing SMR/SE/MDA on the availability of machines, implements and technologies adapted to family farming, the use of these equipment and technologies by rural women, the limits faced by them to access these equipment and technologies, as well as the mapping of processes for the development of adapted technologies involving rural women.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Carry out a survey on machinery, equipment and implements adapted to family farming;
• Map institutions that develop research on machines, equipment and implements adapted to family farming and involving rural women;
• Conduct interviews with rural women who make use of adapted machines, equipment and implements, considering the different Brazilian productive systems and biomes;
• Systematize and analyze the potential and limits for access and use by rural women of machines, equipment and adapted implements;
• Systematize and analyze the potential and limits for the participation of rural women in processes of development of machines, equipment and implements adapted to the needs and considering the different productive systems and biomes in which they are inserted;
• Present the results of the study to the SMR/SE/MDA team, women's productive organizations and other partner bodies;
• Hold face-to-face and/or virtual meetings with project supervision whenever necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING\:
• Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Sciences or Human Sciences (according to the Capes/CNPq knowledge areas table)
• At least of 8 (eight) years of experience in actions developed with rural women.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English or Spanish and Portuguese.
• Brazilian Nationality or other legally authorized to work in Brazil.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Desirable experience with economic, social and productive organization activities of rural women; training and/or technical assistance.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance\: https\://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: