Senior Communication Assistant
Reference number: 2393
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Senior Communication Assistant
The Senior Communication Assistant is responsible for supporting Communication, Outreach and Engagement at CIFOR-ICRAF in the development and implementation of communication strategies, preparing and disseminating communication materials, managing digital platforms, and organizing events.
This position plays a key role in maintaining a positive public image of CIFOR-ICRAF by ensuring effective communication within internal teams, stakeholders, and collaborate with various teams to convey CIFOR-ICRAF’s message accurately and professionally.
Duties and responsibilities
Content Creation and Dissemination
- Develop engaging and informative content for various communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters)
- Disseminate communication materials to the target audience.
Ensure timely and effective dissemination of communication materials.
Digital Platform Management
- Manage and update the organization’s website and social media accounts, and other platforms.
- Monitor online presence, engagement metrics and respond to inquiries promptly.
Reporting and Analysis
- Monitor communication metrics (website traffic, social media analytics).
Prepare regular report on communication activities and their impact,
providing insight for improvement.
Event Organization and Coordination
- Assist in organizing and coordinating communication-related events, workshops, and webinars.
- Provide logistical support and ensure smooth event execution.
- Cultivate relationships with media outlets and journalists.
- Prepare press releases, handle media inquiries, and coordinate interviews when necessary.
- Engage with internal teams, stakeholders, and partners to facilitate effective communication.
- Address inquiries, feedback, and complaints professionally and efficiently.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks within your work area.
- Take reasonable care of own occupational health and safety and that of others as obliged by CIFOR-ICRAF’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy and cooperate with CIFOR-ICRAF in complying with requirements under any statutory health and safety provisions of relevant Country laws.
- Participate in (insert team as appropriate) projects as may be required.
Education, knowledge and experience• Experience in similar communication roles, even internships or volunteer work, can be highly beneficial.
• Experience in creating various types of content like blog posts, social media updates, press releases, blog video etc.
• Experience in organizing events, workshops, or seminars.
• Experience in managing social media accounts for organizations or businesses.
• Experience in customer service roles where communication skills are needed.
Terms and conditions• This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for 1 (one) year with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org/about/work-with-us/
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 29 Feb 2024
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.