MEL Advisor – Feed the Future
SoCha is a MEL subcontractor to The Cadmus Group under the USAID-funded Feed the Future (FTF) Ghana Trade and Investment (GTI) Activity. GTI’s primary aim is to integrate the principles of enterprise-driven development and market systems development in Ghana that spurs enterprise-level productivity and growth by improving the systems in which firms operate.
The GTI activity is structured around five key objectives: 1) enhancement of quality standards within domestic value chains, 2) reduction of the time and cost associated with moving goods across borders, 3) promotion of increased investments, particularly among Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), 4) pioneering distinctive and innovative ideas for additional programmatic interventions, and 5) expansion of programmatic interventions and intensification of firm-level engagement.
Scope of Work
SoCha is seeing a short-term consultant (30 business days) with experience measuring and reporting on FTF standard performance indicators. The consultant will support the GTI MEL team in Accra to implement recommended changes to the GTI MEL system arising from recent data quality assessments. This includes measuring FTF indicators using a rigorous quantitative survey of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) which have received assistance from GTI. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise on the rigorous measurement and reporting of FTF indicators.
- Lead the implementation of recommended changes to the GTI MEL system.
- Lead the day-to-day execution of MEL tasks required by the GTI activity MEL plan.
- Prepare responses to requests for information from USAID.
- Implement a quantitative survey to measure FTF indicators utilizing the services of a local survey research firm.
- Manage GTI MEL staff and subcontracted data collectors to ensure that data collected in the field is valid, accurate, comprehensive, and high quality.
- Provide other MEL technical support as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in social sciences, evaluation, international development, or other similar fields.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Experience measuring and reporting on FTF indicators.
- Expertise designing and implementing quantitative survey research.
Level of Effort
30 business days
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/mel-advisor-feed-the-future/02/09/2024/
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.