DCA is looking for a Financial Advisor!
Do you want to put your financial competencies to work for the benefit of people in need? Are you motivated by working in an international setting with colleagues from around the world? Do you thrive in a job with a wide range of financial tasks?
If you can answer “yes” to the above, then you might be our new colleague.
DCA is a Danish NGO supporting the poorest of the poor, with 4 strategic goals: Saving lives, Build resilient communities, Fight extreme inequality and Engage with its constituency. As a Financial advisor, you will join our headquarters finance unit, in Team ‘Projects’. The Team ‘Projects’ is responsible, among other tasks, for the overall financial management of the donor funded projects. The primary focus areas are quality assurance, capacity building and support in financial management and donor compliance. You will have a close daily cooperation with the finance staff based in DCA’s 20 country offices located in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
A wide array of challenges
Your primary tasks will be:
- Quality assurance throughout the financial project cycle.
- Financial reporting, including cooperation with our auditors.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations of major institutional donors, e.g. Danida, EuropeAid, ECHO, USAID, UN, etc.
- Capacity building of finance staff at country offices.
- Development of internal procedures.
You will be responsible for your own portfolio of donor funded projects, which you will support from the initial proposal stage to the final report. In addition to this, you will also take part in working groups within the finance unit. This includes the whole spectrum from major strategic development tasks to daily routine tasks.
We expect that you have:
- A strong problem-solving mindset.
- A relevant education, e.g. within finance, auditing, accounting or similar
- Proven experience in managing donor funded projects, specifically USAID & EuropeAid.
- Experience in the NGO sector in senior positions related to financial management of humanitarian and development projects.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English and in French. The day-to-day work is mainly in English, and you must be able to read and understand complicated legal texts in English.
- Highly developed cooperative skills, both across the desk and country borders.
- Possibility to travel approx. 2-8 weeks annually.
- Advanced skill level in Excel, with experience in ERP system(s).
What we offer
A job with us is meaningful work among good and committed colleagues.
The place of work will preferably be at DCA’s headquarters in Copenhagen. The salary will be based on relevant DCA Danish collective agreement, including a good pension scheme. The work time is 37 hours per week including lunch break, and we offer flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home. Expected start date as soon as possible.
Contact and Application
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Michael Sønderskov, Team Leader, tel.: 30 28 60 78, e-mail: email@example.com.
The application must be entered on our website DCA is looking for a Financial Advisor! I Folkekirkens Nødhjælp (emply.com) no later than Sunday 3rd March 2024. CV (3 pages max) and motivation letter (1 page max) must be uploaded through our recruitment system. We expect to conduct a written test beginning of March and 1st interview around mid-March. The candidates selected for a 2nd interview might be asked to prepare and present an assignment.
Please note that DCA does not offer housing, schooling, nor relocation. Candidates should have the legal right to live and work in the country of appointment. DCA doesn’t support financially with work permit, and other administrative documentation.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.