Administrative/Finance Officer Profile - P3
The Administrative/Finance Officer establish and maintains efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with UNHCR and UN administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent manages the day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the office; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, proposes the administrative budgets of the office, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and UNHCR’s Financial Rules.
Typical functions may include:
- Manage the day-to-day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the office.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Formulate, implement staff safety and security measures and ensure Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) compliance, in consultation with the Head of Office and Field Safety Advisers (FSAs)
- Oversee recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff and support the recruitment process of internal staff.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to headquarters as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare a consolidated budget for the country operation (Branch/Sub/Field Offices) for approval by Regional Office or Headquarters.
- Select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
- Certify country financial expenditures.
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
Minimum qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education: (Advanced) University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related field OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- Job experience: Minimum of 6 years of relevant (international) job experience with a Master’s Degree or 8 years with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years in an intergovernmental organization.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English is essential and working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-09-17