COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FUND MANAGER - GUATEMALA COMMUNITIES LEADING DEVELOPMENT
CARE seeks a Community Development Fund (CDF) Manager for an anticipated $50M USAID-funded project intended to empower underrepresented groups (including women, poor, indigenous, youth, and others) of the Western Highlands of Guatemala to identify and address their own development needs and actively engage as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities through a community-based development (CBD) approach.
With a financial institution partner, the CDF Manager will be responsible for designing and establishing the community development fund, while ensuring effective management and governance of the fund and proposing and implementing strategies to make the fund sustainable after the completion of the agreement.
This position is subject to project award and funding. This position is expected to be based in the Western Highlands of Guatemala.
International relocation and allowances are available. International and Guatemalan candidates are encouraged to apply.
- In collaboration with a fully vetted partner financial institution with a presence in the Western Highlands, design and establish a Community Development Fund (CDF), the purpose of which is to expand the ways in which new resource partners can participate in community development in the Western Highlands, allocate resources for the implementation of Community Development Plans (CDPs), and improve the sustainability of these new resources.
- Ensure effective management and governance of the fund by establishing a governing board composed of members of the funding entities, including representation from USAID
- Oversee fund contributions and disbursements, ensuring that all disbursements of USAID resources from the fund adhere to appropriate USAID funding earmarks
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into CDP implementation strategies and fund allocations
- Develop and maintain a transparent and secure management structure that instills confidence in outside resource partners who may contribute to the fund.
- Propose and implement strategies to make the fund sustainable after the completion of the project.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders; serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual CDF activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
- Academic degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of financial institution experience
- Experience in the management of philanthropic funds, including development of fund governance policies and procedures, is highly desirable
- Experience managing the funding of sub-grants and/or grants-under-contract preferred
- Understanding of community economic, health, educational, institutional, and infrastructure development; understanding of the special needs of women, youth, indigenous, and other vulnerable and under-served populations
- Ability to work closely with financial institution fund managers and liaison with the fund governing board
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements; ability to contribute to monitoring and evaluation of CDP implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Previous experience in Guatemala is a strong advantage; in particular, experience working with indigenous communities in the Western Highlands and community-led organizations.
- Fluency in Spanish and advanced professional proficiency in English are required.
- Ability to travel within the Western Highlands is required.
How to apply: Go to Comm Dev Fund Mgr - Guatemala CLD and follow the instructions for applying online.
- Organization: CARE
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Social studies
- Finance and Banking
- Civil Society
- Closing Date: 2015-10-12