Business Development Research Analyst (Salesforce)
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
MSH seeks a Business Development Research Analyst to develop, organize and maintain new business information to aid the Health Programs Group in meeting its financial targets. The Analyst will also be responsible to assist in building capacity of senior staff on the use and functionality of Salesforce as the primary information management platform.
Information Management— Platform (20%)
- Serve as HPG’s expert in the utilization of Salesforce as the primary information management platform for business and strategy development needs.
- Serve as HPG’s liaise to the Business Systems Manager who will oversee the administration of salesforce for the whole organization.
- Work in collaboration with the Business Systems Manager to assess and define HPG’s business and strategy information needs.
- Constantly identify opportunities and suggest ways to improve our information management functionality.
Information Management— Data collection (20%)
- Work in collaboration with the Business Systems Manager to develop a management framework for the systematic collection and inputting of data into salesforce. The management framework will include data collection points at the country, technical and global levels.
- Facilitate data collection via the management framework.
- Assist in developing data quality processes and procedures.
- Assist in defining levels of access and security for usage of salesforce information.
Analytical Products (40%)
- Produce regular reports in salesforce with defined parameters. These reports will be generated via a salesforce link to users for individual regular use.
- Prepare and produce specific high level analytical reports and presentations with defined parameters for use at quarterly review meetings, with MSH leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Constantly identify opportunities and suggest ways to improve our functionality within salesforce for refined analytics.
Capacity Building (20%)
- In collaboration with the Business Systems Manager conduct an assessment of HPG’s capacity building needs for utilizing salesforce to increase productivity and performance related to business development.
- Assist in designing a capacity building framework to ensure that all critical staff has the capacity to utilize salesforce for strategic information and analysis.
- Provide and/or coordinate training as defined by the framework which may include group and/or one-on-one training.
- Ensure that new HPG staff is fully equipped with the skills to effectively utilize salesforce as related to their job functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior experience utilizing Salesforce is required.
- Demonstrated skill in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Proven capacity to generate analytical products utilizing a wide variety of data, with graphs, charts and additional creative content.
- MA preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- English fluency is required; French, Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred.
- Strong management and communications skills required.
- Experience supporting a proposal development process and overall business development activities of a non-profit company strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a team and foster a collaborative spirit, with a good sense of humor and the ability to create positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to initiate and organize work, to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work cross-culturally with a wide variety of clients and customers.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to travel internationally to countries in which MSH operates.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Director, Strategy Development
Please visit the MSH website to APPLY!