Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Chief of Party (COP), for an anticipated USAID/Liberia Digital Programs and Electronic Government (eGov) activity to support the Government of Liberia to build on the momentum started both before and during the Ebola crisis. The program aims to strengthen the capacity, infrastructure, connectivity, as well as institutional and content components of modern, scalable, national eGov systems and capacity that will be better prepared to prevent, detect and respond to future potential health crises.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead Liberia’s eGov project through building nationwide government connectivity, development of National Data Center (NDC) & services, establishment of Shared Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Service Center, implementation of prioritized national systems such as Content Management System (CMS) and Asset Management System across all MACs and capacity building of government staff in the overall uptake of eGov services.
- Provide technical leadership in e-Governance, systems implementation, e-Services and most importantly the expansion of Government-Wide Connectivity including potential business models and PPPs/solutions with Mobile Network Operators (MNO) to expand ICT infrastructure and services for MAC offices, health and higher education to connect facilities outside of greater Monrovia.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Supervise technical and administrative staff. Plan, direct and coordinate technical and operational activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed timeframes and funding parameters and in compliance with USAID regulations and FHI 360 policies.
- Collaborate with relevant technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project staff to ensure coordination of materials and communication message strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of project indicators and knowledge management activities; as well as the project’s financial and technical reporting requirements
- Oversee project human resources.
- Ensure effective collaboration with related USAID mission in Liberia
- Manage sub-awardees and coordination with partners working in related sectors
- Serve as key representative of project with USAID/Liberia government counterparts and partners
Bachelors Degree required (Master’s Degree preferred) in Computer science, e-Governance, Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, International Development or Related Field
At least 10 years’ experience e-governance, systems implementation, ICT4D and building national connectivity type of projects, preferably donor-funded international development projects
Strong technical knowledge about the process of building National Data Centers, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and building Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity through both wired and wireless technologies.
Prior experience with national capacity building projects is preferred
Outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills
Strong analytical skills rooted in familiarity with management of international development programs
Experience managing projects in compliance with USAID rules and regulations; past experience as a USAID Chief of Party preferred
Experience collaborating with government ministries and officials, NGOs and donors, and community-based institutions, preferably in Ukraine
Excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills
Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, technical and operational staff, and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance
Prior experience with eGov projects is required
Technical knowledge and expertise about Wide Area Network (WAN), wireless technologies, ICT4D, hosting services and Management Information Systems would be an asset.
Professional Written and Spoken English
Experience specific to West Africa, preferably in Liberia
This position is contingent upon funding and USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.