Duty Station [Libya+Sabha]
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to fulfill the position of a Radio Operator.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than thirty countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the branch of the Danish Refugee Council that focuses on human security programming. DDG strives to identify safety and security needs from the perspective of those living with conflict and to help them find non-violent solutions. These go beyond traditional mine action activities which only reduce the threat posed by explosive remnants of war. DDG has been partnering with Free Fields Foundation (3F) to implement mine action activities in Libya since 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Monitor all movements via phone, or other means, by communicating with convoy leader or focal point, according to DDG SOPs and safety Rules
• Monitor staff in the field and maintain up-to-date information on all staff whereabouts during work hours
• Inform Field Coordinator, Safety Officer, and/or Field Technical Advisor immediately about any incidents affecting the safety of field staff or DDG operation
• Generate and file daily communications logs
• Maintain any equipment in your position including mobile phone, satellite phone, or radio.
• Be available even on nights and weekends in case of emergency
• Ensure Communication tree is activated and all staff compliant
• Contribute to the safety of all staff members
• Any other reasonable tasks as requested by Field Coordinator, Safety Officer, and/or Field Technical
To be successful in this role you must have:
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position in Libya.
• Libyan national, preferably resident in Sabha
• Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
• Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (particularly Excel and Word)
• Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
• Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
• Knowledge of Communications equipment, including, radios, satellite phones, computer skills
We offer :
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Insert closing date here. The interviews are expected to take place Insert expected interview dates here
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact insert contact name here at insert email address here
Please note that applications sent directly to [contact name] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo