Roster of Editorial Consultants (Remote)
Call for Editorial Consultants
The Green Climate Fund (the Fund) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low‐emission and climate‐resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country‐driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat is responsible for the day‐to‐day management of the Fund. The Secretariat is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is establishing a roster of Editorial Consultants who will provide remote support for its activities and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates. Selected candidates may be expected to travel to Songdo, Republic of Korea or to other venues in order to execute their duties during meetings of the Board of the GCF.
The Editorial Consultants will provide high quality editorial and proofreading services for documents developed by the Secretariat relating to meetings of the Board as well as other documents of the Secretariat. Assistance with other editorial tasks may also be required.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Office of the Secretary to the Board, s/he will be responsible for:
- Editing, proofreading and revising Board documents, including those of high complexity and of specialized and/or technical nature (particularly in the fields of climate finance, climate change, finance, international governance, resource mobilization, private sector instruments, accreditation, administration, budgets/finance, etc.);
- Providing advice and guidance to Secretariat staff on matters relating to documentation;
- Providing editorial and proofreading support during meetings of the Board, in collaboration with the report writing team;
- Consulting with Secretariat staff to clarify ambiguities and rectify substantive errors; and
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by the Secretary to the Board. Required experience and qualifications
- University degree in linguistics or literature (English), international relations, political science, environmental studies or a related field;
- Minimum five years relevant work experience in the preparation and revision of complex documents, of which two years should have been for an international organization;
- Previous relevant work experience with intergovernmental processes and the work of the United Nations or another international organization;
- Sound written, editorial and analytical abilities coupled with excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; and
- Applications from women and citizens from developing countries are strongly encouraged.
The compensation for this work will be competitive and reflect the importance of the role.
Interested candidates, are required to send an email attaching their CV and a letter of interest in a single file to: email@example.com.
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Editorial Consultant”
Shortlisting will begin on 18 August 2015. Applicants who meet the requirements above will be added to the GCF roster of Editors. Depending on editorial needs, for example in relation to GCF Board meetings, Editors on the roster may be contacted to ascertain their availability, following which contractual arrangements of various durations will be made accordingly.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: International Consultant
- Closing Date: