Programme Advisor Myanmar, Bangladesh and Ukraine - Head Office
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Asia Europe Regional Office based in Oslo, Norway, with more than 1,400 staff, oversees the assistance of displaced people in Greece, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. NRC’s work concentrates in the sectors of shelter, food security, education, camp management, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into very diverse programs. The NRC Asia Europe is continuously growing due to the dedicated and experienced staff working to the common goal of striving for excellence. With operations in many different contexts, the NRC Asia Europe Regional Office has a stimulating work environment and a motivated team to respond to the humanitarian needs in the region.
The Program advisor is responsible for quality control of key documents (reports, proposals, etc.) -including coordination of inputs from relevant Core Competency and Thematic Advisers. Furthermore, the Programme Adviser is responsible for providing support to the Country Director and Programme Director in programme development and grants management.
- Head office specialist on Myanmar, Bangladesh and Ukraine
- Participate in and contribute to strategic planning and to programme development in Country Programmes as appointed by the Head of Programme of Asia Europe Region
- Contribute to development of ToRs for project/programme assessments and evaluations in Country Programmes
- Participate in the steering committee for project/programme assessments and evaluations by commenting on drafts and final reports
- Conduct professional brief and debrief with relevant field staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums both externally and internally
- Develop relationships with relevant partners and donors
- Advise on shortlisted candidates for Programme Director positions
- Carry out other duties of temporary character appointed by the Head of Programme of the Region
- Minimum 3 years of Manager/Advisor experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Regional/Country specific expertise
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Contract period: Permanent
- Travel: Approximately 20%
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Oslo, Norway
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.