VN 2017/54 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Kabul, Afghanistan
UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station :Kabul, Afghanistan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and overall guidance of the Chief of Mission in Kabul, Afghanistan, and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs), Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC) and the IOM Regional Office (RO) in Bangkok, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the Accounting, Treasury, Human Resources and Administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Directly oversee the Accounting and Treasury Unit, make recommendations for procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of finance. 2. Directly oversee the Mission's Human Resources and Administrative functions, including recruitment, personnel administration of national staff, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures. Assist in training local staff in the relevant area of Human Resources.
3. Co-ordinate and monitor the accounting, treasury and human resources functions in the Page 1 / 4sub-offices.
4. In coordination with the Procurement and Logistics Officer evaluate, monitor, and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool reliable vendors and contractors.
5. Contribute to the implementation of permanent procedures compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and donor requirements for Accounting, Treasury and Human Resources functions.
6. Conduct reviews to ensure that the accounting system is structured and employed to fulfil the objectives of the Organization and to determine the soundness of financial resource management, the accuracy of recording transactions, the reliability of reports, and financial conditions.
7. Evaluate the effect of transactions and recommend plans that will result in better financial management or greater efficiency of operations.
8. Forecast cash flows and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure mission funding is received in a timely manner, including sub-office funding requests.
9. Inspect payroll versus projectization, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
10. Assist the SRMO in maintaining appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
11. Make recommendations on strengthening internal controls by documenting and streamlining approval processes including control of accounts and control of cash management. 12. Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission; support the SRMO in liaising with external partners, banks, vendors, implementing partners and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting and treasury function.
13. Maintain financial procedures, ensure that local administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s regulations, procedures and practices, and recommend modifications to or new permanent instructions and procedures. 14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international Page 2 / 4institutions;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
• Experience with international institutions and knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and Systems Applications and Products (SAP) – Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management (PRISM) is highly desirable;
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Dari and/or Pashtu is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 3 / 4In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 28.02.2017 to 13.03.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/54 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Kabul, Afghanistan (54987287) Released
Posting: Posting NC54987325 (54987325) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-03-13