INT 2017/09- Intern - Staff Development & Learning - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Intern - Staff Development & Learning
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, 6 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 14 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is the leading organization in the field of migration and has a staffing complement of 10,000+ staff spread over 440 field offices throughout the world. Talent Management is seen as a priority within the Organization and falls under the responsibility of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Department. The Training Advisory Committee (TAC) is responsible for providing overall direction and guidance on staff development and learning initiatives within the Organization, ensuring organizational processes and priorities are supported. In 2015, staff development and learning priorities were identified and include, but are not limited to:
• Framework for online training developed and piloting of a learning management system within IOM;
• Enhancing internal information on existing learning resources for IOM staff members; • Focus on development of internal tools for learning and development. Working as a member of the Staff Development and Learning Team (SDL), The Staff Development and Learning Consultant will support the management and organization of multiple IOM trainings in Geneva, in coordination with the Head of SDL. Supervision
The candidate will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Talent Management, in collaboration with the Staff Development and Learning Officer, Department of HRM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the implementation and launch of the new Learning Management System. Provide administrative support for the pilot of the system;
2. Support the logistics of training initiatives (e.g. training, retreats, online learning) within IOM; 3. Provide monthly updates to the SDL Intranet page and support Intranet uploads; 4. Contribute in the development of specific tools to support on-the-job learning options in IOM, such as shadowing, coaching, action learning, among other initiatives;
5. Draft documents, reports, email responses, and other internal communication as requested; 6. Provide support for the collection of training reports and other training statistical information in IOM;
Page 1 / 37. Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Education, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, International Affairs or related discipline. Experience
• Experience working with academic and training institutions;
• Computer literacy, especially database tools;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios; • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; • Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
The incumbent will acquire knowledge in the area of Staff Development and Learning. Page 2 / 3He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with an international organization. Carte de Legitimation
The Organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate. A monthly stipend will be paid.
• Applications must consist of a cover letter and personal CV or resume (as an attachment) • A monthly stipend will be paid.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
•Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 14 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 01.03.2017 to 14.03.2017
Requisition: INT 2017/09- Intern - Staff Development & Learning - Geneva, Switzerland (54988782) Released
Posting: Posting NC54988834 (54988834) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Internship
- Human Resources
- Education, Learning and Training
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-14
77649 - Internship for QUALITY ASSURANCE AND RESULT (QARE) Unit For Social and Environmental Standard (SES)UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Massy | Port-au-Prince (France)