VN 2017/57 (P) - Global Partnerships Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Global Partnerships Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Donor Relations Division, and the direct supervision of the Senior Partnerships Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Division and Organization in the implementation of IOM’s Private Sector Partnership Strategy 2016-2020 and support IOM’s engagement with private sector entities. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Serve as focal point for IOM’s Due Diligence Process, carry out due diligence research, draft risks assessments in coordination with Country Offices, Regional Offices, and Headquarters and ensure the completion of risk treatment plans for engagements with private sector entities. 2. Assist in the implementation of IOM’s Private Sector Partnership Strategy including the development of communication materials for private sector engagement, the production of training resources as well as the training of IOM staff on private sector outreach and partnership building.
3. Liaise with Regional Offices, Country Offices, and divisions at HQ (LEG, ACO, MCD) on practical partnership issues such as legal agreements, logistics, proposal review, reporting, and Page 1 / 3visibility.
4. Provide timely, practical support for private sector outreach and private sector partnership building including through engagement platforms, the organization of events, and the coordination of bi-lateral meetings.
5. In close collaboration and coordination with ICT, external service providers, and others, contribute to the implementation IOM’s knowledge management tool for private sector engagement (Customer Relationship Management tool) to ensure the appropriate gathering, storing and sharing of relevant information.
6. Perform such other duties, including duty travel, as may be required. Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Studies, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience working on private sector partnership building;
• Proven understanding of how the private sector engages and creates value in the both the development and humanitarian spheres;
• Understanding of key overlaps between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), corporate sustainability and the work of IGOs, particularly how IOM can deliver value in jointly achieving objectives;
• Demonstrated ability to identify risks and opportunities associated with private sector engagement and a clear understanding of IOM’s due diligence processes for private sector engagement;
• Knowledge of key functionalities of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools; • Demonstrated experience in outreach and communication to companies, foundations, and individuals as well as private sector fora and platforms.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official language is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of Page 2 / 3responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 02.03.2017 to 15.03.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/57 (P) - Global Partnerships Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland (54990425) Released
Posting: Posting NC54990475 (54990475) Released
Page 3 / 3