INT 2017/10-Intern - Web and Graphic Design (LHD) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title :Intern - Web & Graphic Design (Labour Mobility & Human Development Division)
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, 3 months
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible Closing Date : 15 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Labour Mobility and Human Development Division (LHD) is the focal point for IOM policy and technical support to programme development in the areas of labour migration, integration, and migration and development. LHD’s activities are wide ranging, including pre-departure orientation programmes for migrants, diaspora engagement, as well as promoting ethical recruitment practices through partnerships with multiple stakeholders. The LHD team is composed of staff based both at IOM’s headquarters in Geneva as well as regional specialists located in IOM’s Member States offices. The LHD team at IOM Headquarters (HQ) in Geneva oversees the global LHD portfolio, develops appropriate tools and guidance materials and liaises with external key actors including national governments as well as regional and local authorities, international organizations, civil society, private sector and migrants themselves. Moreover, the LHD team at HQ is responsible for developing and implementing the external communications strategy, which comprises the development of new visibility materials and the update of the LHD’s webpages’ content and layout. Supervision
The intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the LHD head of division, and in cooperation with other colleagues in the LHD team, the Media and Communications Division (MCD) and the Online Communications Unit (OCU) in Manila.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the LHD Head of Division, the Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. In coordination with colleagues, coordinate the update and maintenance of the LHD webpages and assist in providing user level support.
2. Produce high quality visibility materials, including but not limited to graphics, interactive maps, banners, etc., for LHD-related communication products.
Page 1 / 43. Layout flyers, information sheets, reports, and other publication materials and assist in standardizing existing products and templates.
4. Assist in creating a graphic identity for LHD, based on already existing tools and materials and in line with the Division’s visual requirements.
5. Assist in developing web design mockups for internal and external platforms. 6. Present key data in greater detail through visualizations of key indicators. 7. Provide support necessary to ensure the implementation and further development of visualizations of data through interactive maps and infographics, among other deliverables. 8. Liaise with LHD regional specialists by conducting surveys and interviews to ensure that information about programmes and related fieldwork is showcased accurately and timely via the LHD webpages communication.
9. Undertake any other tasks as requested by the LHD Head of Division.
10. Performs other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree web design, graphic design, graphic arts, visual communication or a related field, or a college diploma supplemented with additional years of experience. Experience
• Excellent knowledge of graphic design software;
• Excellent knowledge of web design software, including but not limited to Dreamweaver, CoffeeCup HTML, Microsoft Expression Blend 4, or others.
• Advanced proficiency with software packages, most specifically Adobe Suite (In design, Illustrator and Photoshop) and MS Office (Publisher, PowerPoint, Visio);
• Advanced knowledge of web content management systems, knowledge of Drupal an asset; • Strong organizational skills and practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently;
• Strong background in web design;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios; • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; • Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently; Languages
• Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Page 2 / 4• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
The incumbent will acquire knowledge in the Labour Mobility and Human Development Division (LHD), the Media and Communications Division (MCD) and the Online Communications Unit (OCU).
He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with an international organization. Carte de Legitimation
The Organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate. A monthly stipend will be paid.
• Applications must consist of a cover letter and personal CV or resume (as an attachment to application);
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted;
• IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 02.03.2017 to 15.03.2017
Page 3 / 4Requisition: INT 2017/10-Intern - Web and Graphic Design (LHD) - Geneva, Switzerland (54988927) Released
Posting: Posting NC54990365 (54990365) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-03-15