SVN 2017/46 (P) - Project Coordinator (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) (P3) - Erbil, Iraq
Position Title Project Coordinator (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM))
Duty Station :Erbil, Iraq
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Iraq, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Shelter and Settlement), the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating IOM’s Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) activities in Iraq ensuring that IOM CCCM programs are in line with the National CCCM Cluster policies and strategies for both in-camp and out of camp Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Advice the Programme Manager (Shelter and Settlement) on CCCM policies and provide strategic directions into IOM’s CCCM operations.
2. Plan, develop and monitor the effective implementation of IOM’s CCCM operations especially targeting out of camp population in close coordination with the Programme Manager. 3. Ensure that IOM's CCCM project implementations are in line with CCCM cluster policies and strategies on in-camp and out of camp IDPs.
Page 1 / 34. Develop the allocation of human and financial resources of IOM's CCCM projects and supervise project field staff.
5. Coordinate with other IOM Iraq’s relevant units in mainstreaming protection, safe migration, counter-trafficking (CT), and gender based violence (GBV) within existing CCCM activities targeting both in-camp and out of camp IDPs.
6. In close coordination with the Programme Manager and the Resource Management Unit, monitor and evaluate IOM’s CCCM projects and ensure proper financial and narrative reporting as required by donors.
7. Support the Information Management Assistant to coordinate with the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) activities.
8. Represent IOM in the CCCM Cluster meetings, CCCM out of camp coordination meetings and other related forums at both sub-national level (KR-I, and Center and South). 9. Support the Cluster’s engagement on contingency planning, and if necessary the operational side of resettlement activities, whilst supporting the coordinated approach to durable solutions for IDPs.
10. Develop new project concepts, and engage affected community, local government, and other humanitarian and development actors to define and pilot durable solutions for displaced populations.
11. Undertake duty travel as required.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Operational and field experience in refugee and migration related issues, including CCCM, project development and project/Programme implementation and evaluation; • Work experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs, as well as experience in the region, is an asset; • Good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programs in the humanitarian responses, IDPs, post conflict construction and development;
• Familiarity with financial management and good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
Page 2 / 3Behavioral
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 03.03.2017 to 16.03.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/46 (P) - Project Coordinator (CCCM) (P3) - Erbil, Iraq (54984978) Released Posting: Posting NC54992295 (54992295) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2017-03-16