CFA 2017/12 (P) - Reporting Officer (UG)- Gaziantep, Turkey
Call for Applications
Position Title Reporting Officer
Duty Station :Gaziantep, Turkey Classification Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office and direct supervision of the Project Development Officer and in close coordination with the Information Management (IM), Public Information (PI) and all other operational teams/units in IOM Sub- Office in Gaziantep, the successful candidate will provide technical programmatic reporting support function to various programmes implemented in the Sub-Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to timely and accurate reporting including monthly, interim and final reports for donors and the Mission based on programme objectives, work plans and timelines set by project agreements.
2. Produce info sheets, project bulletins, compendiums and human interest stories. 3. Assist in categorizing, updating, tracking and analyzing data related to various projects in close coordination with Information Management Unit.
4. Conduct desk research to gather progress information on the Syria Regional Crisis and consequent changes in government policies and impact on international humanitarian action. 5. Work closely with other programme support units and ensure good sharing of information among different offices and teams.
6. Maintain thorough understanding of IOM Gaziantep Office’s programmes, projects and activities, general and specific reporting requirements, and the relevant information management and reporting mechanisms (e.g. beneficiaries’ and activities database). 7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 1 / 3Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Development, International Studies, Migration Studies, Political Science, Social Science, Communication or other related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in report writing, project development and/or project management with a preferred focus on humanitarian assistance and/or development;
• Sound knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and project implementation; Experience in working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is preferable;
• Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment Page 2 / 3system, by 09 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 27.03.2017 to 09.04.2017
Requisition: CFA 2017/12 (P) - Reporting Officer (UG)- Gaziantep, Turkey (55020328) Released Posting: Posting NC55020347 (55020347) Released
Page 3 / 3