Emergency Technical Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- In coordination with their line manager, responsible for carrying out field assessments.
- Responsible for the distribution of emergency commodities in the field based on NRC’s emergency distribution guidelines.
- Acts as a link between NRC and beneficiary communities providing information on NRC’s activities, profile, mandate and distribution rules and procedures.
- Assists the line manager in identifying eligible beneficiaries for assistance.
- Supervises and monitors cash for work and other cash-based initiatives in the field.
- Assists the line manager in preparing assessment reports.
- Assists the line manager in preparing survey reports.
- Assist the line manager with all other Emergency-related tasks as directed.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Able to work productively in periods of high stress and activity.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Good report-writing skills.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Computer literacy
- Experience from working as a Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English.
- University degree in related field.
- Minimum experience with NFI and cash distributions.
- Good record of work with beneficiary selection.
- Education title: Bachelor Degree in relevent field
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kandahar
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-05-23