Supply Assistant, GS-6 FT, Rumbek - South Sudan (South Sudanese Nationals Only)
If you are committed to serving women and children, UNICEF South Sudan is looking for you!
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Procurement Specialist, prepares requests for proposals and purchase orders for all kinds of goods and services, obtains quotations from local vendors, monitors status of financing and maintains financial records of purchase allotment accounts: for purchasing standard office supplies, furniture and equipment.
Key Expected Results
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Receives and reviews requisitions for clarity, adequacy of specifications and completeness, confirms availability of funds, and obtains additional information considered necessary.
2. Compiles lists of local sources of procurement, contacts local vendors for price quotations, prepares summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer.
3. For more costly procurements required under the procurement procedures, drafts bid invitations and/or requests for price quotations; drafts telex solicitations and related correspondence.
4. Coordinates meetings of the Tender Committee or Local committee on Contracts, by arranging for suitable dates and rooms, and by preparing and distributing files containing the cases to be presented.
5. Once decision on supplier is taken, compiles purchase order documents for supervisor’s signature; ensures distribution of signed purchase document to all required offices, and ensures obligation of funds is recorded. Provides procedural training and assigns clerical work to secretary.
6. Reviews allotment account codes of separate fund sources to ensure funds availability; records expenditures, and advises procurement officer as to status of allotments, on a regular basis.
7. Extracts procurement information from logs and records and summarizes for use into the biennium budget presentation, adjusting costs for inflation and other anticipated changes (i.e., effect of staffing changes on office equipment and supply purchases).
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary education or equivalent, supplemented by courses in purchasing methods and/or accounting.
Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services. Experience with computer databases, for the maintenance of procurement records.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
Planning and Organizing [II]
Technical Knowledge To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Rumbek
- Grade: GS-6, General Service
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24