Human Resource Director
Makati City | Philippines
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for a Human Resources Director opportunity for Habitat for Humanity Philippines. This position will be based at the Habitat for Humanity Philippines area office in Manila, Philippines. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Human Resources Director is responsible for the implementation of Habitat Philippines National Organization’s (PNO) human resources plan and strategy. As a member of the senior management team (SMT) the HR Director will develop, implement and manage human resources systems, policies and procedures which support the work of the organization and which build human resource capacity in PNO.
Policies and Strategies
- Develop in consultation with the COO, Directors and other stakeholders, the HR strategy for PNO. Ensure the implementation and monitoring thereof.
- Implement HR policies for PNO.
- Actively promote and contribute to the establishment of HR standards and baselines and the standardization of HR policies and practices to ensure consistency in implementation.
- Develop and implement other HR initiatives and strategies, as appropriate.
- Ensure that all employment practices, compensation, employee benefits and human resources programs are within the policies and processes established by HFHI HQ/AP HR and compliant with local employment laws.
Recruitment and Hiring
- Determine the appropriate capacity and capability requirements for PNO to achieve its strategic goals.Ensure proper process is in place for hiring requisitions.
- Manage the recruitment process including posting, interview, selection and hiring of suitably qualified candidates for regular employment, service contracting and short-term employment. Actively participate in selection process for direct reports to SMT.
- Ensure appropriate checks are conducted on academic qualifications, references etc. on selected candidates.
- Ensure that appropriate onboarding and orientation is provided to all new staff.
- Ensures legal compliance with work permits and visas in the event new hires are non-Filipinos.
- Performance Management
- Ensure that the PNO job planning and performance management system is established and implemented for all PNO staff.
- Facilitate timely and consistent completion of the annual job planning and performance evaluation process.
- Define a talent management framework to ensure effective nurturing of critical organization skills, experience and key leaders.
- Ensure employees have a development plan in place via the annual job plan process. Work closely with the SMT and HFHI Organization Learning teams to determine appropriate training and development interventions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed for new positions and reviewed/revised for ongoing positions as required.
- Design a cost-effective but competitive compensation and benefit package to attract and retain talent. To this end, the Director-HR and Learning would ensure appropriate benchmarking is done through an independent and reliable provider.
- Act as primary manager of all human resources and learning activities for PNO. Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Work with the SMT and HFHI AP HR in ensuring a spiritually and professionally rewarding workplace (tools of assessment include the annual employee opinion survey and the HR dashboards).
- Manage HR staff; provide training and coaching as necessary in all aspects of the HR function.
- Work with SMT in planning the annual HR budget.
- Represent PNO in relevant global and regional networking groups.
- Maintain relationship with other HR practitioners within HIFI and PNO partners.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- 8+ years senior HR management experience. Experience working in an international organization, preferably in an NGO.
- Cross-cultural management experiences an asset.
- Degree in HRM/D, organizational development or leadership development.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Facilitation and implementation of specific HR and talent development strategies.
- Leadership: ability to lead by influence rather than by direct line management.
- Research skills, ability to design and conduct surveys and interviews.
- Knowledge sharing skills and ability to use IT systems for HR and other employee information.
- Ability to conduct HR assessments, lead and implement succession planning and change management processes.
- Understanding of HR technical areas, such as compensation and benefits, employment, job evaluation, salary administration, performance management and staff development.
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practice, as it relates to INGO's and other international organizations.
- Fluency in English essential, working knowledge of local language helpful.
- Uncompromising confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Location: Makati City
Send your CVs to: email@example.com with subject title "Application for Human Resources Director – Philippines”
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply at : https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/human-resources-director
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Makati City | Philippines
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-07-01