Senior ICT Project Officer
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peacebuilding contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure and global reach means we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Information and Communications Technology Division (UN DFS-ICTD) is responsible for the delivery of applications that satisfy the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
DFS has implemented a range of systems to address the principal requirements of peacekeeping operations and to support and enhance the processes DFS undertakes.
UNOPS has been requested to assist in the implementation of this activity.The Senior ICT Project Manager reports directly to the Global Programme Director in New York, who provides direction and general supervision. The Senior ICT Project Officer is responsible for programme development planning and preparation and for managing all stages of programming to achieve results in the area/s of responsibility. The role contributes, to the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the competencies and position of UNOPS in sustainable project management and services to partners, stakeholders and UN system partners.
The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and may not always be applicable, nor comprehensive, for all jobs under this job title.
Below are some of the key functionalities, which it may vary from duty station to duty station.
Summary of key results:
1. Programme development, implementation and monitoring
2. Partnership networking and advocacy
3. Knowledge management and innovation
Under the supervision and guidance of the Programme Manager the incumbent will be will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
• Manages a team of Project Managers who are responsible for the management of the implementation, deployment and operational integrity, including adherence to security concerns, of field oriented systems;
• Manages the structured transition of production systems to support and systems maintenance functions;
• Certifies systems architectures are developed and deployed in accordance with the International Organization for Standards;
• Participate in the development, implementation and coordination of operational and governance procedures, including change management;
• Assure that ICTD quality standards are adhered to throughout the life cycle of a system;
• Manage the structured transition of newly deployed systems to production support and maintenance functions;
• Oversee the validation of systems integration and interoperability requirements through coordination with systems certification and integration function;
• Assure that systems architectures are developed and deployed in accordance with ICTD requirements;
• Assure that ICTD security policies are observed in the development and implementation of systems, including performance of audits of security protocols, mechanisms and controls;
• Provides a single point of contact and is responsible for coordinating all change functions within the IT systems;
• Responsible for the implementation of IT changes, upgrades, releases or deployments.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to Project Managers and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
• Gather metrics for ICT project progress against plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes;
• Explore possibilities for identification of new projects of significant importance to the institution, and build proposal to deliver and support these projects;
• Coordinate with project teams the need for new systems and/or modification to existing systems in order to reflect the new parameters in the different memorandum of understanding;
• Monitor and validate that ICT projects execution adhere to ICT policies and standards;
• Consolidate financial reporting, and liaise with senior project managers to ensure projects are delivered within agreed budget.
• Prepares technical and user documentation for entire systems and interdependent applications;
Perform other related duties as required.
Professionalism - Familiarity with ICT business operations and objectives. Good knowledge of ICT project management, systems design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities required. Conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters. Knowledge of the Organization’s ICT strategy and infrastructure as it relates to user area(s). Strong research skills required. Expert decision-making experience in the field and proven record of managing contracted onsite as well as offshore teams.
Ability to develop and oversee large centralized or decentralized institutional systems; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters.
Client Orientation – Ability to identify and analyze clients needs and develop appropriate technology to meet business requirements.
Management – Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment, including ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate groups of staff and design training/skills enhancement initiatives to ensure effective transfer of knowledge/skills. Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority.
Communications – Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise style.
Teamwork - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.Respect for Diversity – Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; Treats all people with dignity and respect; Treats men and women equally; Shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making; Examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses; Does not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer or Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Law, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a field related to the position is required.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and 2 additional years of experience in information technology may be accepted in lieu of Advanced University degree;
- A minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in ICT services delivery and the ICT technology that is used in UN field missions, including experience in developing and supporting large centralized and globally distributed institutional systems is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior/managerial position as well as at the international level is required.
- Extensive in-depth experience in the development and management of information and communications technology projects and programmes, managing and delivering highly complex systems and data management projects is required.
- Experience with the peacekeeping operations environment is strongly desired.
- Experience in both public and private sector organizations is highly desirable.
- UN Experience is a strong asset for this position.
Certification:Professional certification and experience with governance and system management frameworks such as ITIL, Prince2, and related ISO standards highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language is highly desirable
For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the job.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Based on organizational needs at the time of recruitment, applicants accepted into this UNOPS roster pool may be considered for job at the advertised job level or its equivalent. The successful candidate(s) may be offered a contract governed by the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules or UNOPS individual contractor agreement.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: