Software Quality Assurance Internship
Background Information - Job-specific
The ICT Development Team in Bangkok is looking for a dedicated intern. We believe you have a degree in software development acquired no more than three years ago. You wish to learn and understand more about software quality assurance and is eager to learn and participate fully in a QA Software Testing Team effort. You are a motivated, fast learner and prefer to work closely with other team members. You are a strong communicator (written and verbal) and like to help and support the delivery of projects to our clients on time with a high level of quality.
Reporting to the software test coordinator in Bangkok, the software Quality Assurance intern will support the ICT Development team to ensure high quality and high standard of ICT development solutions in a timely and effective manner to ensure continued benefits for the business without disruptions. The Software Quality Assurance intern will be part of a dynamic development team utilizing agile/scrum based software development techniques. Emphasis is put on creative problem solving, quality awareness; follow through instructions and being part of an active knowledge sharing environment. The software Quality Assurance intern will be an active team member participating and continuously doing testing.The UNOPS development team provides the organization with tools and resources to compliment and support the corporate Intranet, corporate Website and Atlas, UNOPS’ ERP system in alignment with the UNOPS technology platform and ICT strategy. System development domains include eProcurement, knowledge management, performance reporting, payroll, benefits and entitlements and project management.
- Assist the team and the software testers in testing software applications using different testing methods
- Test web applications that support corporate business systems infrastructure to make sure that developed systems meet the needs of internal clients.
- Write down defined acceptance criteria and help groom backlog items
- Under the supervision of the software tester support multiple distributed scrum teams
- Undertake software testing and trouble shooting
- Learn and understand the tasks of software quality assurance
- Be interested in learning and understanding how payroll and human resources work
Education: Applicants must be pursuing a university degree, such as Bachelor's, Masters or PhD, preferably in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology or be graduated from such studies within the last 3 years.
- Although no previous professional experience is required for an internship, some experience in the area of of software testing and/or troubleshooting is highly desired;
- Knowledge of SQL and Agile framework is desired;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset;
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.