We are looking for a highly qualified who can fit the position of Protection Monitoring Assistant in DRC Bekaa Office
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
Protection monitoring assistant will be responsible to identify protection concerns affecting Refugees from Syrian in DRC area of concern. Support Refugees to have an access to their basic needs and to the accurate information about available services Promote social cohesion between Refugees and Host community
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct mobile field visits to refugee settlement and host population areas to meet with community key stakeholders and identify protection concerns;
• During field visits, apply the protection monitoring tools provided for both community and household level monitoring (focus group discussions, key informant or semi-structured interviews, etc) and enter collected data in digital data collection systems and transfer these data to Protection Monitoring Officer on regular basis; conduct information sessions on available services in the district.
• Identify and refer most vulnerable identified cases as well as individuals faced with protection concerns (incl. GBV, Child protection, etc.) to relevant internal or external services;
• Support analysis of collected data and trend with the supervisor and team and support the development and improvement of protection monitoring tools by providing technical feedback to supervisor after the field visits;
• Meet regularly with service providers to update service mapping in coordination with the Protection Monitoring Officer;
• Liaise with community based committees and other relevant local stakeholders (incl. municipalities, service providers, etc.) to improve the effectiveness of the protection monitoring activities;
• Work closely with PSS and Capacity building teams to ensure GBV/Child protection prevention and response is adequately addressed across sectors and humanitarian interventions;
• Provide written feedback about protection incidents, issues and community conflicts.
To be successful in this role you must have Experience working for International NGO
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Good reporting and communication skills:
• Familiarity with ODK/ tablets;
• Previous experience in humanitarian settings;
• Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
“Ideally, you will also have…”
• Ability to communicate in English
• Bachelor in Social work, Political Science, Law or any related field
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 months contract (Maternity Leave Coverage), you must be available to start work from 1st of July 2017 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo
under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B1 equivalent USD 1250.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 29th of June 2017. The interviews are expected to take place the week after
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo