Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant for our program in Kilis, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The M&E Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented in Kilis province.
The M&E Assistant reports to the M&E Officer in Kilis and will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the field base level project monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis, developing and managing the field base M&E volunteer team as needed and will be responsible for the collection of different data in relation to project activities implemented in field base.
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews or focus group discussions with beneficiaries, as defined in the weekly/monthly M&E work plan and directed by the Monitoring Officer and management;
- Under the supervision of the M&E Officer, support the design and piloting of monitoring tools to be used during activities and assistance;
- During monitoring activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent;
- Carry out data collection work,
- Refer on potential vulnerable cases to M&E Officer or sensitive issues that might be observed at field level;
- Keep supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place;
- Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries.
Reporting and information
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the M&E Officer Hatay on achievements and challenges related to monitoring;
- Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the protection team;
- Produce periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform project development;
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program;
- Any other duties as agreed with the M&E Officer and Senior M&E Officer
- Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles, including Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) guidelines.
- Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism (Code of Conduct complaint mechanism as well as programmatic complaint mechanisms systems existing at base level).
To be successful in this role you must have university degree in a relevant field, flexibility and be target oriented.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree/high school diploma or advanced training/courses in social sciences, political science, international affairs, emergency management, or other related fields;
- At least one year of relevant professional experience;
- Voluntary or professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Fluency in Arabic and fluency in Turkish. English: working knowledge.
- Excellent and proven communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…)
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 5 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work between 05-20 July 2017 and be willing and able to work in Kilis.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 04 July 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kilis
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-07-04