Warehouse Assistant (National Position), Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of a warehouse assistant is to implement day to day warehouse activities, and the position shall be responsible for specific tasks related to receiving, storing, distributing materials and accounting for materials/supplies.
Warehouse Assistant will be reporting to Warehouse Officer.
Warehouse Assistant position will be based in Hamam Al Alil- Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in relevant field with minimum 2-3 years experience working as a warehouse assistant in humanitarian and recovery/context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate should speak fluent Arabic and English, Kurdish is a plus.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Informs suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
- Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant documents.
- Inform logistics coordinator on expiry date of consumable items stored in warehouse.
- Fluency in Arabic language and good working knowledge in English. Kurdish is plus.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
The post will be for four (4) Months duration with possibility of extension subject to funds.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil
For more information, please find attached the job description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ali Sabieh
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-07-23