Logistics Assistant - Yemeni Nationals
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Location: Aden/ Abyan with frequent travel to the field
Starting date: 1st August, 2017
Duration: (5) months with three months’ probation – Contract is extendable subject to funding and performance available.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, non-government organisation working with refugees, asylum seekers and other migrants. DRC Yemen operates within a broader regional context including the East of Africa.
The position is critical to DRC humanitarian response to internal displacement in Yemen. It is a key DRC position, with DRC expecting that the post holder with be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. The Logistic assistant is responsible for the provision of support services – all tasks related to procurement and logistics based on DRC’s organizational mandate, priorities and donors’ agreements.
In addition, the logistic assistant shall perform the following tasks:
- Assist in all Procurement tasks as per DRC’s Procurement Handbook.
- Prepare weekly records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Update the procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
- Liaise with DRC Main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per contracts signed.
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories. Ensure Assets register and inventory for the (Aden/ Abyan) offices are up-to-date in all times.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the DRC/Donor guidelines.
- Ensure DRC warehouse is managed according to DRC warehouse standards and records are well maintained.
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly.
- Assist in vehicle fleet management including the distribution of NFI transport needs. Ensure all vehicles meet DRC requirements for safety, management of vehicle running logs, booking and assignment of vehicles.
- Assist in monitoring the car pool to ensure optimal use, which includes service and maintenance etc. Ensure that log books are always filled in and maintain an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- Assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
- Any other task as requested by the Logistics Officer
Qualifications and Skills:
- Related University degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years experiences in a similar position and preferably with a humanitarian international organization.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic is essential.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local, international staff and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and under harsh living conditions.
- Ideally flexible to work beyond office working hours when needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
Terms and Conditions:
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC salary grid and Yemeni labour law.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Bāmyān
- Grade: Services and Support
- Closing Date: 2017-07-26