RRM Assistant (National Position), Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Project Assistant position is day to day implementation of the RRM Project. The duty of the RRM project assistant is to ensure proper filing of documents of the distributions is done.
RRM project assistant will be reporting to RRM project officer.
The position will be based in Hamam Al Alil- Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A college or university degree is required in social science or any relevant fields. The candidate should have minimum 2 years experience as a distribution assistant in NGO in humanitarian/recovery, complex or volatile contexts. The candidate must speak and write Arabic fluently, and the candidate should have English work knowledge.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Distribute RRM kits to IDPs, returnees as determined by programme
- Conduct multi sector needs assessments to IDP and returnees using tablet based questionnaire
- Supervise incentive workers
- Verification of IDP populations
- Conduct distribution and post distribution monitoring
- Ensure protection mainstreaming in implementation of cash program activities
- Organizing distribution site to ensure smooth RRM distribution as per outlined standard operating procedures.
- Experience working with NFI and cash distributions in an NGO.
- Good distribution organization and crowd control.
- Experience with conducting multi sectoral needs assessments; experience with mobile data collection tools
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
The post will be for five (5) months contract duration with possiblity of extension- subject to funds.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office with some visits to NRC field offices.
For more information, please find attached the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ali Sabieh
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-02