Procurement Advisory Services Specialist -- Training
Background Information - Job-specific
The Procurement Group (PG) at UNOPS leads the organization’s procurement practice and is responsible for all matters of governance and organizational development in procurement and supply chain management. It is responsible for developing procurement strategies, policies, and processes. PG provides authoritative guidance and procurement advice; it enables oversight and develops procurement and supply chain knowledge networks and training tools to strengthen skills in public procurement while advancing sustainable practices.Under the responsibility of PG is also Procurement Client Services, which offers several services to clients in their pursuit of more effective public procurement. One of the services offered are Procurement Advisory Services and the Procurement Advisory Services (PAS) Specialist -- Training will be a member of this team within the greater Procurement Group. The team member will ideally be based in Europe and/or Africa regions.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
***This role will require regular travel globally***
The PAS Specialist Training will be required to:
1. Business development activities
- Develop a line of knowledge products and services to offer to external clients and partners.
- Be able to identify business development opportunities and potential clients and partners for UNOPS procurement training service.
- Actively support the promotion and marketing of all UNOPS procurement services and training offerings to clients, partners and other external stakeholders.
- Contribute to proposal and service level agreement development, and have an understanding of fee structures and charge rates.
- Assess and manage the potential acquisition of external professional consulting, translation and exam taking services. Contribute to the development of a roster of subject matter experts to support growth in the external training program delivery.
2. Support the development of procurement and supply chain training strategies and programmes
- Support the development of content for training courses and other knowledge products on procurement and supply chain themes, tailored to various audiences such as non-government organisations, government entities and other external stakeholders as required.
- Work with other subject matter experts to ensure the learning program is comprehensive and current
- Adapt and tailor existing procurement training material to meet specific partner or client requests, through engaging with subject matter experts
3. Stakeholder management
- Liaise and manage the day-to-day relationships with UNOPS external partners and clients in regards to existing or potential training programmes.
- Support PAS as required
- Continuously assess and analyse partners’ and clients’ training needs to develop a clear understanding of their procurement capacity, needs and interests.
- Seek and develop partnerships among country counterparts such as central procurement authorities, procurement executing agencies, training institutions and private sector stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an account management approach for existing and new clients.
- Actively participate in and represent UNOPS with partners and on internal and external learning work groups/committees to advance procurement and take a leadership role in areas where UNOPS has a specific interest.
4. Delivery of training programmes
- Deliver training programmes to UNOPS external partners and clients, through diverse methods, including on-site to large audiences, online methods (webinars, teleconferences, chat rooms) and other contemporary adult learning methods.
- Prepare reports, evaluations, and analysis of the quality and results of training courses delivered, including identification of areas of improvement.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Account Management - Demonstrated account management and/or business development skills, with the ability to meet and exceed set account targets is required
Relationship Building - Demonstrated track record of achievement in growing and developing relationships with key partners and clients,
Training - Demonstrated understanding of training programs in procurement/supply chain and an ability to deliver training
Communication – Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner to communicate effectively with stakeholders. Ability to communicate technical concepts in a manner relevant to stakeholders.
Managerial and Teamwork – Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
Advanced knowledge of presentation software, including Power Point.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Business/Commerce Supply Chain / Procurement, , Law, Economics, or other related disciplines.
- A first level University degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- 5 years of experience in client relationship management and/or business development is required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of procurement and/or supply chain management are required.
- Experience working at organizations following public procurement rules and regulations is desirable.
- Experience in delivering training for governments, non-government organisations, and similar agencies is desirable
- Good understanding of different contemporary adult learning methods.
- Experience in multicultural environments, including in developing countries is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: IICA-2 (ICS-10, P3 equivalent)
Contract duration: 1 year, renewable upon satisfactory performance and available budget.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: IICA-2, International Individual Contractors Agreement - Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-11