HEAD OF TALENT PARTNERS
Purpose of the post
The role as Head of Talent Partners is instrumental in enabling the initiative launched in 2015 to strengthen people management in ICRC by embedding HR expertise in the métiers to manage their talent pools. Through the introduction of stronger skillsets in HR management- and in particular hands-on talent management-, use of specific tools and by establishing a common global standards, we aim to attract, grow and retain a strong workforce across all . The Head of Talent Partners will lead, support and accompany the group of Talent Partners, enabling them to deliver high quality people management services and advice in their respective métiers and fully bring to fruition the revised model
The Head of Talent Partners is responsible for ensuring the overall coherence of sound HR practices, by providing guidelines and tools to ensure Talent Partners in the métiers are equipped to carry out the tasks of the “HR Life Cycle” under their responsibility efficiently, consistently across all métiers. He/she is also responsible for facilitating the skills development of the Talent Partners, which includes initial assessment, to identify and address possible skill gaps in relation to HR management.
As part of the HR_OP Division, the Head of Talent Partners works closely with the Talent Partners and their teams (up to 25 persons) as well as in close collaboration with the Global Talent Management Division (, Talent Acquisition, People Analytics and Career Development), and the HR_OP Division (HR managers and HR partners). She / he acts as the facilitator with all other stakeholders in the HR Department such as HR Administrative Services (HR Specialists and Global Mobility Unit), CoEs (Staff Health, Framework & Compliance, Compensation & Benefits) as well as the Ombuds and Staff Association (COMAP) as required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead the Talent Partners in the métiers, to continue the development and enhancement of the people management function to fully embed it within the organization, while overseeing the delivery of results and ensuring engagement and excellence of the team members.
- Support Talent Partners in translating ICRC’s strategic plans into people management strategies and operational plans. Provide subject matter expertise in HR Business Partnering and be recognized as a subject matter expert, providing thought leadership to the development of high-standard people management
- Work closely with the HR_OP leadership team, Global Talent Management Division, HR Services Division, all CoEs as well other HR professionals in developing and monitoring implementation of harmonized, state-of-the-art People Management strategies grounded in HR best practice across all métiers.
- Facilitate process alignment and simplification for HR processes Monitor and analyses trends in order to steer the métiers and thus the organization in the management of talent.
- In close alignment with HR Shared Services, define and introduce quality assurance KPIs for the holistic employee and line manager experience common to all métiers and to measure organizational progress vs. objectives.
- Provide recommendations to HR Department to smoothen employee experience and continually improve efficiency through refined HR processes and improved HR Shared Services.
- Develop a robust skill gap analysis tool and apply it consistently per métier for all Talent Partners.
- Define a skills matrix adapted to the various need that allows Talent Partners to obtain required HR skills as per agreed minimum standard.
- Facilitate learning opportunities and ensure timely achievement of set goals by all métiers.
Change Management & Transition:
- As Project Manager for the Talent Partner project implementation, is responsible for the successful implementation during the transition phase according to agreed project management framework, involving all relevant stakeholders timely and efficiently.
- Based on the objectives agreed by the Directorate develop a detailed transition and change management plan enabling the successful implementation of the Talent Partner model in all métiers.
- In close alignment with respective stakeholders in the HR Department, document in detail the roles & responsibilities, processes and governance needed to introduce consistent and coherent employee experiences across métiers
- Support and enable the métiers to take the responsibility for implementing set goals in terms of change of practice in the People Management as the up-skilling of the Talent Partners
- Take an active part in the recruitment and staffing decisions for all Talent Partner openings
Relationship / Reporting lines
- The Head of Talent Partners reports directly to the Head of HR_OP Division.
- She / he supervises the HR work of the Talent Partners and acts as functional manager for all Talent Partners.
- She /he is responsible for facilitating and coordinating exchanges and interaction between Talent Partners in the métiers and all HR entities of the HR Department globally.
Education and experience required
- Degree in Human resources or similar discipline, strong Business Partnering expertise and organizational effectiveness functions e.g. talent acquisition, engagement, performance management, workforce planning, leadership development, career development, succession planning.
- Minimum 8+ year’s management experience of talent management, organizational effectiveness, HR strategy & planning and talent acquisition in global and multicultural organizations.
- Previous experience working in an international organization, successfully operating in a matrix organization with demonstrated track record in driving transformation in complex and challenging situations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizational transformation and change management initiatives.
- People management experience required.
- Availability to undertake punctual field missions if required.
- Experience and/or strong interest to work in the humanitarian environment an asset
Desired profile and skills
- You are a transformative manager who can infuse ICRC with global and diverse best practice experience in HR Business Partnering, and leverage the necessary leadership skills to effectively interact with and influence a large variety of stakeholders including senior management.
- You demonstrate ability to understand the business and cultural issues facing the ICRC in an operational and politically fast-changing environment. You are able to operate in a complex organizational environment, managing multiple stakeholders effectively.
- You are a hands-on strategic thinker with a strong business acumen who provides thought leadership and understands how to effectively develop people, instill strong cultural values, and manage consistently increasing field requests and organizational growth. You have a growth mind-set and the ability to switch between strategy and execution with direct experience designing and building new functions, concepts and strategies.
- Languages required: Excellent communication skills in English or/and French and strong command of the other; other ICRC official languages an advantage
Type of role: Resident
Type of contract: Open-ended
Working rate: 100%
Starting date: 01.10.2017
Application deadline: Sunday, 20th August 2017
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-08-20